Legal* Celebrity Encounters

I saw Brian Mannix once at Westfield Airport West. I also met Eddie McGuire and Xavier Campbell at an ANZAC Day ceremony in Broadmeadows in 2017.

1 Like

You’re sounding very stalkerish there. Very gossipy too.

You’ve never actually been to Airport West until you’ve bumped into Brian Mannix.

2 Likes

I saw the actor who plays Big Wheels on Housos at Westpoint Blacktown today. Zipping around on his scooter too.

1 Like

Jimmy Jackson is his name!

Yeah, well, I saw him.

Can also add, a year or so ago before I moved to the hell that is north western Sydney, saw Shane Jacobsen filming an IGA ad in Summer Hill one morning before work. Half the store was roped off.

2 Likes

I saw Geoffrey Rush in Camberwell the other day.

Served Jessica Shirvington (Matt Shirvington’s wife) at work today.

Was in the Melbourne Botanic Gardens on Friday and bumped into Costa Georgiadis from Gardening Australia. He had filmed something for the garden’s 175th birthday and was heading back to the ABC to film
a skit with Charlie Pickering. He’s a great guy chatted for almost 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Luke Jacobz - Combank Bondi

Not much to see here, but here are some I have met (from GTV, same day, different place)

• Peter Hitchener. I did a tour of GTV9 a few months ago, when Peter Hitchener went into the studio around 3:45 to record 4:40, 5:20 and 5:45 updates. He is a very nice man off screen and on-screen. After he left because the afternoon news was about to start.

• Dougal Beatty. We didn’t really talk much (as he was preparing for the bulletin when we were in the newsroom, but he went into the studio around 4pm to do the afternoon news. I have a video of BTS of the start of the afternoon news in the Nine News Content and Appearance thread.

• Livinia Nixon. After doing the tour, I catched the train to the Royal Melbourne Show and went to look around for where Livinia was, it took a long time but I found an autocue with people from Nine. I was one of the first people there and a lot of people came after to be on TV. I have a photo I took of me and her that I have not posted.

1 Like

Are tours of the studio, free??

Yes they are free. You need to email Nine Melbourne and ask for a tour though.

1 Like

I’m at Clovelly Beach today and just noticed two Home and Away actors were sitting near me: Matt Evans and Adam Rowland. They looked familiar but I had to look their names up. I think Adam’s girlfriend and her friend might be actresses too but not sure. It’s funny how in Australia they are soap stars but can go to the beach and be virtully unrecognised by most people.

2 Likes

And now Dr Chris Brown just walked past. The girls sitting next to me noticed him too and went gaga over him. They were takingpics as he stopped to chat with a mate.

1 Like

Didn’t bring a copy of TV Week with you?

10 Likes

Here’s all my intended celebrity encounters.

*I met Billy (an ABC cameraman) and Celina Edmonds on 16 October 2023, as part of a story on 7.30 about the future of special schools, which was aired on 24 October 2023. The story was shot at my high school (Alfred Deakin).

What television networks did she work with? Celina explained to me that before working at the ABC, she worked at Network 10 and Sky News Australia.

*I met Dylan Alcott on 1 September 2022, at the Job and Skills Summit, at Parliament House. > He noticed my talker

*On the day, I also met 2 independent politicians, Zali Steggall and Helen Haines. Helen and Zali even took a photo with me. I had to block Helen’s credit card because politicians cannot show private information online.

*I met many famous people at the 6 June 2022 Disability Royal Commision.

*I also met Riley, in Sydney, who was on Catalyst with Dr Jordan Nguyen, in 2016, as both Riley and I have cerebral palsy and both Riley and I control tech. Riley was 13 at the time

Some of this has been shared with some Media Spy members before.

3 Likes

I worked in radio many years ago at a time when Duran Duran were huge. Simon LeBon was coming in for an interview and I could see the front door from where I sat. There were heaps of fans waiting outside to meet him and I saw his limo pull up and him hurry to the building door. I thought he was just one of the typical ‘rock stars’ who didn’t really give a damn about his fans but I was wrong. He sat on the front steps signing autographs for all his fans and actually made himself late for his interview because he spent so much time with them. A really decent guy.

2 Likes

Met Paul McDermott once when he was back in Canberra presumably to visit family (he’s from Canberra it turns out)

Seemed like a nice guy, was very polite

When I worked at a supermarket in Canberra I served and interacted with many politicians, if that matters

The most polite/down to earth of them was George Christensen, funnily enough

Georgina Lewis & Tim Davies at work this morning.