King Charles Cancer Announcement

Thread to discuss the breaking news coverage, here’s how it broke on BBC.

https://x.com/scottygb/status/1754566569848361418?s=46

2 Likes

Collection of still caps from
BBC, CNN , Sky News UK (via Australia), Fox News, TVNZ1, Three NZ.

6 Likes

TalkTV

GBN

3 Likes

It appeared CNNi cut from Amanpour to the US domestic feed. She was interviewing a former Finnish Prime Minister before pausing to deliver the news.

3 Likes

Sunrise. Opened at 5am. It was the only story covered up to 6:50

4 Likes

Today also started at 5am with about 10 minutes of coverage then on to other news until 5.30am

3 Likes

Ruff news for the King

3 Likes

That is overkill. But royal gossip is their brand I guess.

3 Likes

Opening story on News Breakfast then on to the rest of the news after a couple of minutes…

TMS has a lot of coverage. Peter Ford spent his whole interview taking about Harry and Meghan :thinking:

Later showed clips of the OS news coverage.

2 Likes

Both channels 7 and 9 appeared to have the same clip on loop when the news was announced. Charles and Camilla walking out the door, assisted into their car and waving through the window. Repeat. And repeat again. And repeat again. Then the clip of them on the weekend walking in the country side. Then back to walking out the door again. Probably shown at least 30 times. Then I went to bed.

1 Like

What a turn off. Now we know how they’ll fill the next few days too.

• other royal cancer battles
  • celebrities react
  • messages of support from cancer survivors
  • Harry’s arrival in the UK
  • Where Harry stays in the UK
  • Harry and Will ‘reunited’ by Charles’ bedside
  • Where is Meghan?

Snooze…

9 Likes

An exclusive look inside editorial meetings at Sunrise and TMS from earlier today*:

IMG_0825

*probably

1 Like

Also the Daily Mail and New Idea :laughing:

2 Likes

Have Sunrise and Today advertised for their shows tomorrow, saying "Watch us, live, as we’re the first ones to show Harry arrive at “Heathrow (or whatever) Airport, at a special time of 3.30am”.

2 Likes

Will this still be “breaking News” tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wonder if they will start early, or cross to Sky News/BBC News. Wouldn’t put it pass them (7 & 9) to have rolling coverage.

I think this is 100% accurate! :joy:

My guess is they’ll all be in early, and it will be rolling coverage, possibly extended with late handovers to Morning Show/Extra. I wonder if they’ll send additional reporters/hosts over as well?

3 Likes

Depends if His Majesty’s conditions deteriorates then they will probably start to send people over, however, I think that the current UK correspondents will suffice.

High chance that the graphics teams have been busy making big special themed “Breaking News” banners, as well as brainstorming “Royal Feud” and “Meghan Missing” headlines :laughing:

And I bet you 10 cents that the Daily Mail is starting to write an article about us talking about the coverage. And I bet you another 10 cents that this comment ends up in it :laughing:

2 Likes

Don’t forget Sky News Australia!

Their obsession with Harry and Meghan is to the point where it’s a bit creepy.

2 Likes