KIIS Network

Sounds incredibly classy! :roll_eyes:

Of course, I personally think such a segment should not be allowed to run on breakfast radio.

Sure, KIIS would argue that Kyle & Jackie O is aimed at an adult audience but at the same time, it would not at all be surprising to hear that more Sydney radio listeners in the highly impressionable People 10-17 demographic listen to KIIS at breakfast than any other station. Can’t imagine too many responsible parents with kids in the car on the way to school approving of a “Penis Pageant” radio segment!

2 Likes

Hmm… maybe something best left for the school holiday period when there are less kids in the car.

1 Like

My first reaction was it shouldn’t run on breakfast radio or how could they even broadcast it.

However I have been listening to K&J in recent weeks on the app (from interstate) and their current content and language is not too different to what is needed for the pageant.

Broadcasting standards are maybe not what they used to be, but clearly its working for them ratings wise.

3 Likes

Just change the station over. No dramas.

3 Likes

Come on David, I think we all understand and accept that not everything on radio (or TV) will appeal to us. However, a “Penis Pageant” segment goes way beyond that right into “Is this actually legal?” territory!

If it were illegal they wouldn’t be doing it…

5 Likes

Clutch your pearls tighter will you? Its radio not TV, you can’t see anything, and if kids are in the car, the parents can switch it off.

1 Like

Exactly, anyone who wishes to “see” the entries would have to go looking for it, and they can already find much worse.

It should also be noted it has only been confirmed today after it was known that Howard Stern is currently running the same competition on Sirius.

2 Likes

That is correct thats why Kyle wants to ramp up the competition he has been planned it for like 2 years.

Its on. :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Are you Kyle’s personal assistant?

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Oh. Just his publicist.

2 Likes

Kyle and Jackie O’s cash, cars and starts will be back tomorrow.

But the penis pagaent will be in January next year. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Nova starts a $$$50k cash giveaway every week from tomorrow.

1 Like

Ed Kirkwood will be the show’s new EP from 2021.
1 Like

KIIS 1065 is starting to implement more the KIIS FM styled jingle into there morning play-out, which I do prefer.

6 Likes

Kiiis FM? Ones? Yeah they sound good in the US, I prefer the 1xx.x KIIS FM style for branding as well.

3 Likes

Shame they can’t use the KIIS FM brand in Melbourne, though I’m partial to KIIS 106 and KIIS 101 as alternatives myself.

1 Like

Kyle and Jackie O playing their best bits this morning. Been a while since Kyle got sick. :rofl: Last time was back in June as I can recall.

1 Like

Couldn’t they just get someone like Beau Ryan to fill in for Kyle, like they have done in the past?

2 Likes