KIIS Network

Won’t win them ratings but I can’t wait to see them attempt it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sophie Monk and Mitch Churi have been filling in for Kyle on the K&J Show.

1 Like

KIIS keep pushing them but I can’t see them catching on, they just scream Sydney radio to me, they are such an odd fit for Melbourne breakfast. They’d do better on drive.

Mcdougall St

1 Like

Former Thinkergirls co-host Kristie Mercer auditioned for The Voice season 8, and featured on last Sunday’s episode. Delta and Boy George turned their chairs for Kristie, who in turn chose to join Boy George’s team.

2 Likes

PJ said she and Jase had done similar marathon stints in NZ before so they were comfortable. She added that doctors would be on standby during the broadcast. PJ and Jase would have medical checks every four hours and vitamin drips would be available.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/gossip-queen-brave-radio-hosts-to-risk-their-health-for-ratings/news-story/66ae1386e77465e76943165862d2c222

3 Likes

Having plenty of breaks it appears, according to the article:

I assume ‘take the show mobile’ means they will still be broadcasting during those ‘breaks’?

Based on their past marathons they will still broadcast despite being out of the studio.

While its a ‘marathon’ broadcast it isn’t continuous chatter and segments, its much like a day show really - predominately music based.

Like 80 songs in a row so they can sleep? :rofl:

And what about network shows? Will they be crashing the studios? I wonder what’ll happen to K&J’s Hour of Power?

3 Likes

It might become listenable for once

1 Like

Hmmmm, I wouldn’t say filling in, more like occupying the same timeslot.

Thanks @digitaldan on studio locations.

Why did they separate? Thinkergirls have split.

Agree, get rid of ‘dead wood’ on drive.

Supplied by the Essendon peptide doctor???

3PM Pickup didn’t air in Melbourne, and Will & Woody isn’t either. Sophie Monk co-hosting with Jase & PJ for the first half hour (via Hot Tomato on the Gold Coast)

5 Likes

Listened to some of this tonight. Reminds of radio of the ‘old days’ or at least the mod-90s-early ‘00s.
Loose, fun. Not so regimented - and actual announcers at night, not to mention live ones!

9 Likes

So how did this go down with national client commitments? If they have any…

1 Like

I have certainly been enjoying it! Been tuning it at different points throughout the day and it’s been great fun.

3 Likes

And out on the streets engaging with people on air with little competitions. I wish radio could go back to this. The music isn’t to my liking but the show is just so easy to listen to.

6 Likes

Laying in bed listening to this and it feels so much like the irreverent Hot30 of 10 years ago. Granted, I was much younger then (and now I’m more attuned to the sound of a Tieline dying) but there’s such a genuine energy to this shift that 101.1 has been missing for years. This is the ZM show all over again. Good stuff.

6 Likes

I only just stumbled across this on Facebook Live — 56 hours, how insane! :astonished:

It is pretty captivating stuff, lots of positive comments flowing through. Currently a consistent 1.4k viewers watching the uncensored feed, I can see this increasing as the challenge gets more and more tough.

4 Likes

It’s all the stuff you used to be able to do but no longer can due to networking - heard them shout everyone ice cream last night somewhere in the city.

7 Likes