KIIS Network

Yes, nothing beats Radio with good music, good quality ads, good announcers and news/ weather at the top of the hour. Back to basics.

5 Likes

Be interesting to see on Tuesday if there are green shoots for 101.1 or whether it will be a hard slog for the show to break through. The following survey will be the big one though.

1 Like

Survey 3 will have 3 weeks of K&JO in Melbourne?

3 Likes

Correct. If there is a sharp lift in 101.1’s performance, then Kyle and Jackie O will have begun the end of local breakfast radio - if there is a sharp drop, then ARN will have just spent a shit tone of money on a Breakfast show that only works in one market - if things stay around the same, then either listener’s don’t care, or it will take some more time.

4 Likes

K&J will have been on air in Melbourne for 3 of the 10 week survey period.

Survey 3 period being 25th February to 30th March and 14th April to 18 May.

In Survey 4, K&J will have been on air for 80% of the survey period. We’ll have a much clearer picture of their impact.

Survey 5 will fully reflect their performance.

3 Likes

From a purely statistical view, it’s hard to see they’ll have a significant impact because they weren’t on air for the whole period. I wouldn’t be expecting to see large numbers

6 Likes

Thank you for your apology. I thought it was a bit harsh on me and others who enjoy K&JO

2 Likes

I never meant to be harsh on any poster including you. Just the presenters of THAT program. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thats fine. It takes everyone to build a civilisation, i over reacted and im sorry for my part.

They are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine when I want a cheeky and naughty laugh. But nost of the time I like my community stations music

1 Like

Do the Radio surveys overlap? The more you learn

1 Like

GfK’s surveys have overlapping waves - see the 2024 Metro calendar below.

Screenshot_20240602_101114_Firefox

7 Likes

Yes I miss those days :confused:

1 Like

In fairness some of the DAB channels nowadays do a good job with music and hourly news (the SCA channels in particular). And Gordie days a great job announcing on KIIS during the workday.
Smooth also has a good line up of announcers.

When you look at it, Australian radio is in a much better place than our NZ and US counterparts. The UK on the other hand has zero localism but has some of the best music anywhere in the world on DAB (KIISTORY, Magic Soul, Heart 70s, 80s, Dance, Capital Xtra Reloaded, Mi-Soul).

2 Likes

Can’t agree with you about Gordie. His announcing is sub standard and cringeworthy. Always sounds like he is busting to go to the toilet.

4 Likes

This article and headline :joy:

7 Likes

Kyle’s been quiet?

2 Likes

He did address it this morning. I guess no one bothered to write about it.

1 Like

Did he have a meltdown?

1 Like

He said that he is disappointed in his favourite news outlets for painting a bleck picture as they are aware it was only 3 out of 10 weeks that they were surveyed for.

2 Likes

Nobody bothering to listen

7 Likes