KIIS Network

Explain to me then how “why do you always defend Kyle?” Is part of the discussion? It’s factually incorrect. I do not always defend him at all and you posted that knowing it was inflammatory. It had nothing to do with the discussion on ratings results and decisions about changing presenters. It’s just what you do. Post little side comments in an attempt to railroad the discussion for some odd reason.

Comments like that are just not necessary and don’t contribute to the flow of the discussion, if anything it just inflames people and causes the conversation to go into a different, unnecessary direction.

3 Likes

TV spot

3 Likes

It’s all a little weird and feels like there is a bit of reverse justification going on for making the change, when the reality is that ARN have made an offer that they’re going to have to move heaven and earth to make successful

One of the ‘justifications’ (if you call it that) for networking K&JO into Melbourne that was told to shareholders was that there was a significant gap between the two markets’ breakfast ratings that ARN has seen as potential. Now the value of the Melbourne market exceeds that of Sydney (at least based on what ARN has said), they’ve seen this is something that’s been left on the table that they want to chase

6 Likes

But why does the ad for KIIS101.1 have a KIIS106.5 logo in one of its shots?

6 Likes

From their old studios in North Ryde

Yeah but that’s slipped through, should have been edited out.

4 Likes

It’s the KJ best bits today in Syd/Mel

1 Like

Looks like even they were having the best bits while theyre not on air…it will finish at 10am on the dot.

1 Like
2 Likes

“I really think if we do real well in Melbourne, let’s say it’s half as successful as Sydney, then they’re just gonna have to roll it all out (nationally).”

Kyle now downplaying his future success in Melbourne?

1 Like

Yeah that’s setting a pretty low bar isn’t it? Wouldn’t the previous KIIS1011 breakfast show have already been half as successful as K&J in Sydney?

4 Likes

Yep… but their wages and overheads have helped fund Kylie’s new contract.

3 Likes

Just like his program.

4 Likes

i dunno bout that. I have enjoyed the show as a guilty pleasure from time to time. Kyle and Jackie have a unique show, and I have made a point of tuning in occasionally to have a bit of a laugh when im in a smutty mood.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s smutty low bar.

2 Likes

Yeah but sometimes we all need a bit of the low brow to just have a laugh and get away from the PC world.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The $200k question is, how did this play out on KIIS97.3?

Did it air during the K&J Hour of Power? Or did it just “fizzle out”?

2 Likes

KIIS. Keep It In Sydney.

15 Likes

Radio Game Changers with Meshel Laurie this week another embarrassing mess. Cheerleading a show is weird in itself for a supposed industry podcast (is everyone just scared of Kyle?) and Meshel heaping praise on them as they’re about the only mainstream outlet who still takes her seriously after her unhinged social media rants.

How embarrassing for the industry.

4 Likes