KIIS Network

you can tell you’re of a certain age.

3 Likes

So basically Spotify?

3 Likes

A breakfast show that’s low key with less talk (that’s still engaging) and more music is not Spotify. There’s a middle ground between K&J and Spotify.

3 Likes

That’s not how radio works. Being some mega hunk gigachad won’t automatically make you more appealing on air versus some “flat slob”. And besides, if women were really going to be that superficial, they’d be prepared to see past his looks, straight at his bank account.

5 Likes

IMO a Spotify music list is more entertaining than listening to this yobbo pontificate! :joy:

4 Likes

My brain is itchy after reading that. If you went to any station management to sell them that concept they would stare back at you like Beaker from the Muppets.

3 Likes

Is that not just Smooth?

4 Likes

A story saying what we already believe will happen.

Kyle and Jackie O are already responsible for one breakfast show getting the axe, and there are rumours several more are set to follow.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/kyle-sandilands-ruthless-response-to-axed-radio-shows/news-story/69f9f880193fd87b1b6586027e5c907c

2 Likes

I can see it happening in the metro markets - not sure about regionals though

3 Likes

The bolded bit is what annoys me about media industry interviews these days - there’s absolutely no pushback whatsoever by interviewers for misleading statements and flat out lies.

ARN and Kyle keep trying to rewrite history when it comes to Jase and Lauren’s performance in order to justify networking Kyle & Jackie O into Melbourne. Jase and Lauren came 2nd in the last ratings survey before their show was axed. This narrative that their show was struggling is flat out BS.

6 Likes

That’s only one survey.

How were they rating last year at the time where ARN was in talks with KJ for their next contract and looking at Melbourne ratings?

They were not consistently rating 2nd.

Decision to change the slot would have been made ages before that last result.

People can’t keep using that one survey’s results as an argument.

This time last year they were rating 5th.

1 Like

Which just shows it takes time to build your audience.

4 Likes

The point is they weren’t dumped at No2, the decision would have been made months before that result came through when they were rating much lower.

3 Likes

Why are you the defender of everything Kyle does or says?

6 Likes

I’m not. I’m just keeping it real.

Haters are pretending that Jase and Lauren were hard done by. They weren’t.

KIIS 101.1 has never been competitive.

Like I said that last result would have come months and months after decisions to move them on were made.

2 Likes

Why whenever there’s a discussion on this forum that doesn’t match up with others views do people always twist things and make it personal? I’m so damn sick of it.

Can’t we chat without that shit?

3 Likes

They rated 5th in the first (noting that 3rd - 5th were within 0.1 of each other) and fourth surveys. It came 4th in the second (though by 0.1 over Nova), third (when the Radio 360 methodology was introduced) and fifth surveys.

To JBar’s point though, the show rose to third in the sixth survey (by only 0.1 though over Smooth) and stayed in that position in the seventh survey before getting into second in the last survey.

5 Likes

I work on the sales side of things and I can tell you we can’t/don’t sell on one survey alone. Normally we/agencies annualise figures, which would have Jase and Lauren during their KIIS era sitting at:

2023 7.6% (#4 FM)
2022 6.9% (#5 FM)

4 Likes

Yes, I understand but after years of poor results they would have been in discussions well before any sign of consistent improvement was being made.

The notion they axed them in December last year on that result is just completely false.

3 Likes

Sure but so is the notion that the show was struggling so badly and had no signs of improvement that axing it was objectively justified.

4 Likes