KIIS Network

Or Kyle and Jackie O have really good publicists who always pull stunts around ratings time which reminds people to say they listen to them when filling out the ratings forms even though they don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or it is one of the few radio shows where the hosts do not fake laugh / burst out laughing at every remotely funny statement. This forced fun really turns me off. If “forced laughter” was a crime Merrick Watts would be serving life in Goulburn Super Max.

I also think the whole Kyle as a “bogan” and Jackie as the calming influence works so well.

Thanks, Kyle. Your vendettas are still bubbling along nicely. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s it. It might be stupid, but at least they’re not fake laughing at every unfunny thing each other says.

Kate, Tim and Marty aren’t doing anything particularly revolutionary but they rate well - and they’re a good show - because it’s real. While H&A fake laugh at some callers overlong, unfunny story, KTM are actually making each other laugh.

The Thinkergirls have started on KIIS. They are on air right now.

Meshel & Matt starts tomorrow - interesting post from Meshel this afternoon.
http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/8327-treated-like-a-disposable-dish-rag-and-a-fool.html

The Western Concourse at Parramatta Railway Station has had large KIIS 106.5 branded applied to walls and floors advertising all daypart shows.

Lowie Live, hosted by former “Lowie’s Hot30” host Craig Low, is now heard from 11pm Thursday nights on KIIS 1065 Sydney and KIIS 101.1 Melbourne.

The show also streams on iHeartRadio from 3pm Saturday afternoons, which it has been since October 3rd last year.

I thought Lowie was on Nova originally?

Hot 30 originally, then Nova after he was let go from SCA.

I really liked his show on Nova, though I don’t think it rated particularly well. He was a great fit for ‘sounds different’ Nova, but by the time he had his night show, Nova was no longer ‘sounding different’

Lowie seems like a bit of a loose canon, but I think that’s what makes him a good radio presenter.

Anybody seen the Kyle and Jackie O advert on television? Recreating “celebrity” calls for the promo. How fake and vomit inducing can you get?

At the top of this article

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/kyle-and-jackie-o-to-return-to-2day-fm/news-story/0e2c9f69afa748b01bec2db47cf5c1ad

Yuck. I feel sick. :-1: :poop:

The moment Block star Suzi Taylor tried to kiss Dave ‘Hughesy’ Hughes at a singles party

THE Block star Suzi Taylor surprised radio presenter Dave “Hughesy” Hughes after attempting to plant a kiss on him at a singles party. A behind-the-scenes video of the Kiis And Tell Hotel Singles Party, hosted by comedic duo Hughesy and Kate, was made public on YouTube, showing the 44-year-old seemingly leaning in for a kiss with the married father-of-three, 45.

Visibly shocked, Hughesy quickly jumped back.

Organised with Comedy Speed Dating, the boozey bash was attended by a group of young and single men and women. Hotel rooms were provided to the guests — some of them took suitors back to their rooms to “get to know each other better.”

In the nearly four-minute clip, strangers appear meeting for the first time, flirting in a swimming pool and kissing on couches. “The pool is going off, the sleeping duck beds are being used — who knows what’s going to go on,” Hughesy says on camera.

The Daily Telegraph

Stay classy, Kiis.

On “snapchat” this morning at 7am Kyle and Jackie O took a phone call from a guy who asked if having lots of money had changed their lives. During the conversation Jackie commented that she was "less extravagant with her money when compared to Kyle.

Kyle remarked “Jackie saves all her money - she is like a Jewish person”

Is the show on delay? Why was the kill button not used? Did Kyle learn nothing from his previous comments about putting overweight people into a concentration camp to watch the kilos fall away?

I would have hit the kill button. Within half a second.

2 Likes

Because the producers are casual racists like Kyle is and don’t see that as a problem?

Matt Tilley is recovering in Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital, after a cycling accident on Tuesday afternoon. More via the KIIS 101.1 website.

Meshel Laurie revealed this morning that Matt would be back on-air next week which is good news. Katie “Monty” Dimond has been filling in for Matt since yesterday (Wednesday).

You seem to have forgotten that’s Kyle’s shtick. He’s #OhSoControversial
Apart from the fact that there’d be many who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at the comment (assuming his producers are some of those people), Kyle isn’t about censoring himself. That’s why he rates. It’s a similar idea to Howard Stern (though I do think Howard Stern is a significantly better broadcaster).

I imagine they’re in delay, though probably the standard 8 seconds, rather than the 30 seconds sanctioned at 2DAY.

He can’t be too controversial these days… we hardly hear a peep about him anymore in Melbourne. Given the media loves to whip up a good outrage story I reckon we’re overdue for some Sandilands-inspired controversy.

1 Like