KIIS Network

the D team compared to Tommy Little and Carrie Bickmore

The playlist is decent. It will probably rate well. Although in order to stay truer to the ‘modern rock’ position promise I probably would have put an arbitrary cut-off on anything over 30 years old.

I quite like the new music format. The only thing that I would add is a bit more AOR and a bit more modern rock to the playlist (Which is lacking) and I think they would be on a winner there.

Luke James has again departed KIIS 1065.

something odd going on there!

It’s their what, second year on air and the thinkergirls still can’t speak into mics without pops and puffs, no pop filter can help them apparently.

1 Like

Bianca Dye is certainly sounding great on 97.3… indeed the boys have lifted their game too (they’re sounding really energised)… but one could even say it’s Bianca’s show… such is her dominance in every segment.

Meantime Robyn Bailey over on the Ms is barely heard apart from the odd ‘Oh Roozy you can’t say that’…

4 Likes

Has Kiss begun with Wild nights yet? What are the the hours it runs for?

Would love to know the reasoning behind this, a spokesperson said he resigned for ‘personal’ reasons. Can’t be looking too good on his track record.

Hi guys first time poster here, I was at Subway in Campbelltown today and overhead on the radio a promo for 6-9am breakky show in Melbourne followed by KIIS 101.1.

That caught my attention for the first time,must of been some sort error or along the lines of that.

Interesting, it could have been someone streaming the Melbourne station online over the stores audio system?

They were tuned into the FM Radio, not online steam. I just found it abit odd,mind you I have listen to KIIS 101.1 a few times to notice the promo difference.

1 Like

the filth at it again

sack them

2DayFM tried sacking them - to be more precise 2DayFM let the duo go to a rival station. It did not work out well.

Imagine if KIIS did sack them. I wonder if Nova would beat 2DayFM into calling them.

1 Like

Do you think that’s Kyle’s fantasy being played out or one of the male producers on the show?

Kyle Sandilands has unleashed a torrent of rage toward Today Extra presenter David Campbell, branding him a “piece of sh*t” during an expletive-filled rant.

Fairfax writer Christine Sams tells Kyle Sandilands to stop bullying others.

Will ARN get Sandilands to pull his head in, or is he his own boss at KIIS?

This.

Yes. DB will ‘fix’ everything. He is the fixer of Australian radio to the extent Christopher Pyne is to national politics.

Kyle is the difference between a KIIS that works - Sydney - and the KIIS branded stations that fail - Melbourne and Perth. KIIS without Kyle is like 2GB without Alan Jones, Triple M without Mulray and Sydney without the Opera House.

3 Likes