KIIS Network

I can unofficially confirm that nothing is changing as of yet.

3 Likes

Julie Snook reading the news on KIIS 1065 Winter Breakfast whilst regular newsreader Brooklyn Ross is on holidays.

5 Likes

… only called the station ‘Gold 104.3’ once in his first hour!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Who will be joining Jase on KIIS Breakfast? All will be revealed very soon.

4 Likes

Synopsis from Nine’s schedule.

3 Likes

Don’t really care for B&TG of course, but I wonder if we’ll see a new television commercial for KIIS 1065 air during the show?

Unless I’ve missed them, ARN haven’t aired any TVCs for their stations in Sydney for a while - generally preferring to stick to the outdoor ads it seems.

1 Like

My prediction is Meshel Laurie & Jase.

1 Like

Unlikely, but could Jase’s replacement be a bloke?

Maybe the video featuring Osher is a clue that the replacement will be male.

2 Likes

I think it would be a great pairing - but I am not sure it would happen given her show was dumped for Jase and PJ.

4 Likes

Yeah unlikely, both Meshel and ARN would have to be quite desperate for her to come back. I don’t think they’re at that stage.

But I agree they would make a good show. They would probably have to bring in a 3rd younger co-host I think

1 Like

Well Robin Bailey at 97.3 was sacked by ARN and then was rehired a few years later (under the same management). Anything is possible.

6 Likes

She wasn’t quite sacked, she was renegotiating, and they called her bluff and walked away from the table.

4 Likes

Thought I’d give KIIS a try on my way home from work today. They just sound so much better and fresh than any other music station in Sydney.

Ironically, the throwbacks they do are so much more out there than 2DAY or Nova.

I lived in the UK for part of when Moyles was on R1 (albeit his later years) and the vibe of the whole station has a lot of similarities to what Radio 1 was in those days. Very hard to switch off.

9 Likes
4 Likes

The last thing I want to do is listen to them in the morning. He can stay in Sydney.

5 Likes

Personally I’d love to get Kyle and Jackie O down here in Melbourne, but I’m not sure if they’d resonate with the wider market.

6 Likes

Why don’t they put him on DAB only in the other cities. The KIIS network should be DAB only in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth; and 97.3, 102.3 and 96FM should join Pure Gold.

9 Likes

NEVER :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

An hour an evening on KIIS nationally is MORE than enough K&JO, like comeon - we just got Clairsy back on 96FM

2 Likes