KIIS Network

I do think there could be room for a Ricky Smiley / Dish Nation type broadcast deal.

1 Like

I agree if K&J go national it should be on DAB.

In fact I’ve said for ages that KIIS should go national on DAB (Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth) and align 97.3, 102.3 and 96 with Pure Gold.

4KQ and Cruise anchor a proper classic hits network with Sydney, Melbourne and Perth on DAB as 2WS, 3KZ and maybe just 96FM Classic Hits in Perth.

7 Likes

I agree with having WSFM, Gold 104.3, 97.3, Mix 102.3 and 96FM as one group.

Would love for ARN to have another station in Perth, KIIS on DAB would shake things up there especially with Nova the only full time CHR station.

I still hold on to the dream that ARN will one day pick up 6IX and make it a Classic Hits station alongside 4KQ and Cruise. They could run it 50/50 with Capital or at least have a share in it but still enough to affiliate given their part ownership of Nova 93.7

6 Likes

This year’s KIIS 1065 showbag. Looks like shit.

5 Likes

Gotta love a bumper sticker though. They need to create bumper stickers that say:
“I hate Kyle”
“I love Kyle”
“I would KIIS Kyle”
Get them so they stand out and people can choose which one suits them. I know which one I would pick.
They have priced the bumper sticker at $5. Seriously? And the canvas tote bag at $35 with a $30 plastic water bottle.

They should add some more realistic pieces:

• A genuine Kyle Doctor’s Certificate so you can take a day off work (value $200)
  • A packet of Winnie Reds (value $50)
  • 4 do-it-yourself Botox injections (value $320)
  • A baseball cap that’s specifically designed for a 50 year old ($5)
8 Likes

Good lord, KIIS and WSFM give you less station merchandise in their $28/$30 showbags than I got from little old Max FM Taree for free (again, thanks to Lui for doing that while he was still there) about five years ago! :confused:

Now don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind having some Sydney radio station-branded merch one of these days. But I’d probably want a bit more from ARN’s showbags before forking out $28/30 for one.

4 Likes

Revisiting this, I’ve noticed a lot of new outdoor advertising that’s gone up lately is using the classic 96fm logo inside the KIIS lips. Looks weird.

6 Likes

Same here - I’ve seen it used on bus stops. It looks so bizarre! But it doesn’t appear anywhere else, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

4 Likes

Do you have a photo? Sounds weird.

2 Likes

I think 96fm only meant to keep the original logo for a few months during their 40th last year. But since Triple M has started, they want to reinforce they are the original real music station on FM.

The logo looks very dated for 2021. Would be like Channel 7 bringing back their rainbow circle logo from the 1980’s.

7 Likes

I’m very surprised this type of TV program hasn’t been attempted here with highlights from every show in a network.

2 Likes

Off topic, but they did use it subtly for Holey Moley

4 Likes

The West Australian reporting that Fred Botica is finishing up at 96FM this Friday, with Dean ‘Clairsy’ Clairs joining the show from Monday.

2 Likes

Radioinfos non-paywalled article

Noticed they’ve now used old 96 logo within Kiis lips

3 Likes

Looks awful.

Time for 96 to move to Pure Gold alongside Gold and WS. Bring KIIS to Perth on DAB

6 Likes

Good appointment by 96FM with Clairsy one of the most-loved breakfast radio presenters.

3 Likes

From December 10 last year. Not to blow my own trumpet or anything, but NAILED IT!

7 Likes

Yeah that’s the logo they’ve been using on outdoor advertising. Definitely seems official now. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Always expected it will happen when Botica retires for the 2nd time.

1 Like

Is this the second time Clairsy has taken his role?

1 Like