Kayo Sports

If you have internet access, possibly via a VPN to make Kayo think you’re still in Australia.

what is the best one to have?

I have Pure VPN, though I don’t use it a lot, but has worked fine when I have used it.

KAYO’S SUMMER OF CRICKET

AUSTRALIA FIRST BOWLING SIMULATOR HIGHLIGHTS KAYO’S SUMMER OF CRICKET CAMPAIGN

KAYO GOING ALL OUT TO DELIVER A SUMMER OF CRICKET LIKE NEVER BEFORE

EVERY MEN’S AND WOMEN’S HOME INTERNATIONAL, PLUS EVERY KFC BBL AND REBEL WBBL MATCH LIVE AND ON DEMAND

Kayo is giving cricket fans the opportunity to not only watch their heroes in action this summer, but step into their shoes, as the multi-sport streaming service gets set to launch an activation allowing fans to face some of cricket’s most iconic deliveries.

The Kayo Bowling Simulator, which exactly replicates 12 famous deliveries hand-picked from the annals of Australian cricket history, is part of Kayo’s new ‘Going All Out’ summer of cricket campaign, which aims to highlight all the unique ways Kayo is going all out to make it a summer of cricket like never before.

Kayo will deliver every Australian men’s and women’s home international, every match of the KFC BBL and Rebel WBBL, plus select international matches, LIVE and On Demand this summer.

Kayo Sports Chief Commercial Officer Ant Hearne said: “Cricket is part of the Australian summer tradition. Whether attending a match or watching at home – we have grown up with the sport and our cricketing heroes.

“The ‘Going All Out’ campaign is about showing how much fans can get out of the summer of cricket with Kayo. Whether it be ad-break free coverage during play, the world-class FOX Cricket commentary team, Kayo Minis, our game-changing features or watching where you want, when you want – Kayo is not holding anything back for cricket fans this summer.”

Utilising BatFast Simulator technology developed in the UK, the bowling simulator was unveiled for the first time in Australia at Kayo’s summer of cricket launch on 22 October and will be Kayo’s first brand activation.

Fans will be able to face off against a selection of pace and spin deliveries, including Mitchell Starc’s dismissal of Kiwi skipper Brendon McCullum in the 2015 World Cup final and the ‘Ball of the Century’, Shane Warne’s ‘Gatting Ball’.

The Kayo Bowling Simulator will visit Deepavali 2019 at Strathfield Park, Sydney this Sunday, November 3 (11am – 5pm) and will also feature at various cricket matches across the summer (locations to be announced in coming weeks).

In addition to the simulator, the summer of cricket will be a digitally-led marketing campaign featuring video, digital display, social, audio and press.

News Corp revealed during its Q1 results today that there were 402,000 paying Kayo subscribers as of Tuesday, November 5. As of September 30, 2019, there were 430,000 Kayo subscribers, of which 364,000 were paying subscribers.

2 Likes

Who gets it for free?

I stopped mine last month, was surprised at how easy it was once I found the link and they didn’t make any offers to get me to stay.

I know. It’s an expensive subscription. 2 weeks free and thats it.

2 Likes

Oh is that what it means, I see now, counting those free two weeks. I’ll join up again for next footy season, cheaper and easier than going to the pub to watch Fox Sports games.

1 Like

Yeah I might join up when the big bash starts depending on whether I have the time to watch. If not it will be during AFL season.

Telstra gave me a couple of months free as part of Telstra plus

1 Like

BetEasy also had a whopping 3 months free Kayo with every new account. I think I had to deposit a minimum of $5 to qualify. That just ended a few days ago. :disappointed_relieved:

Kayo strives for 100% self-service through world class sports streaming customer experience

First of its kind multi-sport streaming product redefining the sports experience powered by innovative service strategy

In 12 months, kayo is already well on its way to reaching its goal, achieving greater than 95% self-service and customer support automation

Kayo Sports, the revolutionary multi-sport streaming service that is transforming how Australians experience sport, today signalled the intention to have 100 per cent self-service and customer support automation.

Speaking at the annual Dreamforce Conference in San Francisco, Kayo CEO, Julian Ogrin, told the conference the customer service journey is at the heart of Kayo’s success.

“At Kayo, every single person is a customer service champion. I am, the content team is, our tech developers are – the customer is always the reason and the why for what we do.

“When you look at what we have achieved in under 12 months, you can see we have built a platform and a strategy that is customer future focused.

“We know we have a great product that is providing Australians a new way to experience sport, with over 99 per cent of customers enjoying live and HD quality streaming, issue free, whether watching on the go with their mobile or the big screen TV.

“So, when I say we have a vision of 100 per cent self-service, I know that through the next generation business model we have built we can get there.”

Talking about the Salesforce partnership that helped deliver these industry leading results, Mr Ogrin said: “We were smart in the way we worked with partners, selecting those who were willing to innovate with us and come on the journey of creating what we believe is the best sports streaming service in the world.

“Salesforce was one of these partners, a partnership critical to Kayo’s customer service success story.

“We worked closely with the Salesforce team to design and build an innovative customer service strategy; a strategy that was implemented in under 16 weeks from scoping to execution. Now it is helping power a world leading OTT service.”

Salesforce is powering this strategy with Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Social Studio, Einstein Analytics and Einstein Bots. Using this solution Kayo is able to see a holistic view of the customer and empower them to self-serve through artificial intelligence (AI) led and automation.

The results are amongst industry leaders. Of the customers who visit the help centre, Kayo hits regular peaks of 95 per cent who can completely self-serve. Of the number that require further help, approximately 40 per cent are being managed through Kayo’s support channel augmented by Einstein Bots.

Using advanced natural language processing (NLP) technology, Einstein Bots are easy to create, train, and deploy to handle the majority of cases and escalate complex cases to customer service agents.

“Salesforce is proud to be the platform which gives Kayo the ability to deliver a seamless customer service experience to its customers. As service expectations rise, the use of AI and machine learning becomes increasingly important to meet and exceed those expectations,” said Ulrik Nehammer, EVP & GM, Salesforce APAC.

“Kayo is a customer experience trailblazer, making it as easy as possible for Australian sports fans to use its service. By drawing on the service and advanced NLP capabilities of the Salesforce platform, Kayo has delivered an outstanding customer experience.”

As of 5 November, Kayo had reached 443,000 customers of which 402,000 were paying since launching in November 2018.

“What’s important to highlight is how engaged our audience is. We would have arguably the most connected customer base of any streaming service in the world. Customers are watching seven sports a week and streaming an average of 5 hours and 20 minutes,” Mr Ogrin said.

“When we started the Kayo journey, we looked at how we can deliver a platform that served the Kayo customer now and importantly, how it served the customer of tomorrow.

“Streamotion is the business leading this digital customer experience platform, built in-house and from the ground-up. A platform designed on transformative technology; one that can scale with speed and agility and be nimble in its operations.

“We are driving a stack of innovation at Streamotion as we aim to unleash the potential of streaming, from our relationship with the customer, and what we understand of them we are delivering more contextual and personalised digital experiences while providing actionable insights for the business.

“As part of the Foxtel Group, we are fortunate to have an incredible array of the world’s best content and our ability to understand the customer ensures we are serving content in the way we know our customers want.

“From ground-breaking features like our SplitView, which allows a customer to watch up to four live events at the one time on the one screen, to Kayo Minis, which provide short recaps of all live action in ‘watch on the go’ style -– we are continually enhancing and iterating our service to meet our customer’s needs and the needs of the future customer.”

“And we are just getting started.”

That is impressive. I was one of the few who cancelled. I will be joining again over the summer though. Just pointless having it between September-December when nothing interests me.

I still wonder how sustainable Kayo is into the future. It’s great now with every AFL, NRL and Cricket (Australian summer) match all in one app. But what happens when the next broadcast/digital rights get diluted and split up to all sorts of other companies.

Will it be better for the consumer having more competition and better options?
Or will it be worse having to pay for multiple subscriptions and constantly switch apps to watch different sports?

Foxtel, I would assume, are hoping they retain all the rights. The company seems to be bleeding money though. Not sure how sustainable Foxtel is and perhaps these streaming services are the way to go.

I would be happy just paying for cricket but I suspect I’m in the minority. You can already do this with Willow TV in the US (that’s how I watched The Ashes on demand).

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind paying for multiple subscriptions and using multiple apps if I had to but I think the main thing I like about Kayo is the 1080p50 HD quality.

Unfortunately 1080p50 isn’t too common for live streaming yet, none of the FTA networks are doing it. The best I think is 720p25 which looked terrible for The Ashes on 9NOW. In fact the daily highlights videos on 9NOW were horribly converted with very bad interlacing artifacts and motion issues.

Whereas Kayo Minis and their full match replays are very good quality. I guess you get what you pay for (FTA catchup services are free after all) but if a Kayo challenger was to come along and even gain just partial rights to AFL, NRL, etc then I’d expect 1080p50 minimum.

1 Like

KAYO GIFTCARD

THE PERFECT PRESENT FOR SPORTS-MAD LOVED ONES

Give the gift of sport this festive season, with Kayo giftcards the perfect present or stocking stuffer for sports-mad friends and relatives.

There is a smorgasbord of Live and On Demand sport available on Kayo year-round, including plenty of Live action waiting for the lucky recipient if they want to get stuck in straight away.

Ensure the cricket superfan in your life doesn’t miss a minute of the KFC Big Bash League or the Boxing Day and New Year’s Tests between Australia and New Zealand, with a $25 giftcard ensuring they’ll be able to stream every ball, six and wicket for at least a month.

With a $50 giftcard providing up to 10 weeks of free sport, your loved ones will catch Super Bowl LIV, the opening round of the 2020 Super Rugby season, the Superloop Adelaide 500 and the Qantas Tour of South Africa if they redeem at Christmas.

For the super fan who can’t get enough sport, a $100 voucher will provide a smorgasbord of summer action plus the start of the NBA playoffs, the Stanley Cup playoffs, the opening rounds of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership and 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership seasons, the opening four events of the 2020 FIA Formula 1 World Championship and The Masters.

Kayo giftcards are available at selected Woolworths and Coles supermarkets, Australia Post, Big W, Target and K Mart stores nationwide. Digital giftcards can be purchased online via www.woolworthsgiftcardstore.com.au.

#kayosports - Follow @kayosports on Twitter and Instagram and Like Us on Facebook

Stream more than 50 sports LIVE and On-Demand with Kayo Sports this holiday period.

Giftcards include the 14-day free trial. Sign up now at www.kayosports.com.au and start streaming instantly. For full terms of use visit www.kayosports.com.au/cardterms .

For further information, contact:

Kayo giftcards are redeemable for Kayo Sports service in Australia purchased via www.kayosports.com.au only (Users must be 18+). Entire value credited to your Kayo Sports account upon redemption. Cards expire 36 months from the issue date.

KAYO SPORTS WINS SPORTSPRO OTT AWARD

Australian multi-sport streaming service Kayo Sports has been recognised internationally for its innovative and intuitive user experience, claiming the Best User Experience Award at the inaugural SportsPro OTT Awards in Madrid, Spain.

The award category recognises OTT streaming services with a flexible user experience that drives superior retention and consumption in sport, incorporating innovation not seen on other platforms. Other finalists included Red Bull TV, World Rally Championship’s All Live streaming service, German football streaming platform Magenta Sport and Applicaster’s digital app and website for the Copa America.

Kayo Sports CEO Julian Ogrin said: “SportsPro is one of the world’s leading international media companies for the sports industry so we are absolutely thrilled to pick up such a prestigious award, almost a year since we launched Kayo.

“To be recognised alongside some of the biggest brands in the world including ATP Media, WWE, DAZN and Red Bull shows that Kayo is a global leader in sports streaming. Kayo currently delivers up to 600 live events across a weekend with up to 27 events concurrently live as well as instantly available via catch up. No one else in the world is delivering this quantity of live streams across so many different sports to their customers. To do so while maintaining an exceptional user experience is a true testament to the Kayo team and best in class partners we work with.

“We are particularly proud to pick up this award as the user experience is at the heart of everything we do and with a year of learnings under our belt, we’re looking forward to continuing to break new ground in this space.”

I had three months free with BetEasy too, no deposit required. It ended up covering the tail end of the NRL very nicely, which was great given the Raiders are only given a few FTA games a year.

I cancelled at the end of my trial because I don’t watch any other sport that isn’t on FTA, but may take it up again next year.

2 Likes