Kayo Sports

It was a Fox feed for last night’s g̶a̶m̶e̶ embarrassment between the Dragons and Souths. There are no longer any FTA exclusive games in the NRL, though, except the State of Origin.

The AFL games I may watch (Sydney teams) are all on FTA here anyway. I’m still boycotting that league at the moment due to umpiring bias against the Sydney Swans and to a lesser extent, GWS (I’m sorry, it’s just that blatant).

I’m just glad that the two NRL games I’ve streamed thus far have worked without a hitch -though I only watch in SD quality because of my data cap. I was expecting some stutterbuffering in the first round due to a subscription spike.

I am sorry but I am slightly confused league isn’t AFL but you listed AFL sides.

In that paragraph I was referring to ‘the league’ as in the (Australian Football) league. Slightly sloppy grammar- I’ll change ‘the’ to ‘that’.

1 Like

Ah thanks. Got it. Don’t know if I agree with your comments though. I think every supporter believe their team is hard done by. If you supported Port Adelaide I think you would be upset that umpiring decisions have effectively ended their season two years in a row. First was the ‘high tackle’ that umpires later said was incorrect against West Coast in the Elimination Final and the second was last year against the crow when a shot on goal hit the post but was called a goal. Umpiring comes with the game and they do the best they can.

I think there is a general bias against any non Victorian side to be honest.

Just found this beauty of a table from Reddit. Sydney is stone cold last in terms of free kicks for/against and by a long margin. Port Adelaide are around the middle of the table.

Of course, frees aren’t the whole story and counts can be ‘padded’ at the end of a match.

Yes, the live Fox Footy 504 channel on Kayo blacks out with a message to switch to the ‘Today on Kayo’ carousel and select the live game tile instead. Bit of a pain in the arse if you like the live channels.

On Foxtel Now, rather than blacking out a Seven game, it just switches to the Seven game right before the first bounce. But the live channel is branded Footy Play Powered By Fox Sports instead of Fox Footy 504. It seems like a cheeky workaround to allow the viewer to stay on the same channel because technically it’s not Fox Footy. Perhaps Kayo don’t want to use this feed and would rather force the user to select the game from the carousel to avoid having 7 or so Fox Footy streams for each state.

Thursday night on Kayo, many users were reporting different streams for the Carlton v Richmond game. A user in South Australia was getting the Seven Adelaide feed with ads, I was getting the 7mate Perth feed with ads, and two users in Victoria were getting either the Seven Melbourne feed or the ad-free Fox Footy feed.

1 Like

It seems that Foxtel and Kayo won’t have streaming rights to Indian Premier League to themselves. YuppTV has also obtained digital rights to this year’s IPL competition for subscribers in Australia, as well as continental Europe, Singapore, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.

2019 MASTERS

The 2019 Masters swings into action from Friday, 12 April and Kayo, Australia’s new multi-sport streaming service, will have every round LIVE and anytime. Kayo will also have three bonus cameras for every round, providing more ways to watch.

Australians Jason Day , Marc Leishman , Adam Scott and Cameron Smith will join the world’s best including returning former world no. 1, Tiger Woods .

Kayo will have LIVE daily coverage of the prestigious tournament plus a pre-round show called On the Range , featuring practice, analysis and interviews.

The additional cameras will deliver even more coverage of The Masters, and will include ‘Featured Groups’ , which follows each shot from two selected groups. ‘Amen Corner‘ - the famous stretch which is often instrumental in deciding the Champion, plus holes ’15 & 16’ .

The bonus cameras will be offered on Kayo’s unique feature ‘SplitView’, which enables fans the ability to watch up to four different videos, games or shows on web, tablet devices and selected TVs - and two videos simultaneously on mobile, all on the one screen. For golf fans, this means four times as much Masters action all on the one screen.

A dedicated carousel will be teed up on the Kayo home page from today and will feature a range of documentaries and shows including a mix of Masters Official Films across four decades. Included in the line-up is Aussie Greg Norman’s epic Masters loss in 1996, Tiger Woods’ first win in 1997 and most recent win in 2005, plus Adam Scott’s first ever Green Jacket win for Australia in 2013.

In addition to The Masters, Kayo will stream all the remaining majors – the US Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championships. Kayo subscribers will also get to watch the USPGA Tour including the Fedex Cup, European PGA Tour, PGA Tour Champions, ELPGA, Women’s British Open, USLPGA, plus many other events on the 2019 golf calendar, including a host of Amateur Championships.

Kayo Sports have obtained the streaming rights to the English’s FA Cup knockout comp via ESPN’s new multi-year broadcasting deal.

Kayo Sports will stream the upcoming Hockey One, a new domestic competition from Hockey Australia with city-based teams for both men and women, similar to cricket’s Big Bash League. Fox Sports will also broadcast the finals.
The new clubs are Adelaide Fire, Brisbane Blaze, Canberra Chill, HC Melbourne, NSW Pride, Perth Thundersticks and Tassie Tigers.
Hockey One will be held over six weeks from mid September to late November, and will replace the Australian Hockey League which featured separate men’s and women’s teams.

1 Like

RACING.COM AVAILABLE ON KAYO

KAYO ADDS VICTORIAN AND SOUTH AUSTRALIAN THOROUGHBRED RACING, INCLUDING THE VICTORIAN SPRING RACING CARNIVAL.

Starting tomorrow (Monday, 6 May), Racing.com will be available to stream on Kayo, Australia’s new multi-sport streaming.

Racing.com on Kayo will comprise of selected Victorian and South Australian thoroughbred races LIVE. Races available to stream include the South Australian Autumn Carnival and Victorian Spring Racing Carnival, with full coverage by the Racing.com team of experts including Jason Richardson, Clint Hutchison and Matthew Hill.

In addition to showcasing thoroughbred racing at its best, Racing.com, Australia’s premier thoroughbred racing media business, has a great line up of programs throughout the week to inform and entertain. All available to stream LIVE on Kayo, with Get On, Sectional Stars, After The Last and That’s Racing just some of the programs available.

1 Like

That’s an interesting addition on Kayo’s behalf - thought if horse racing were to feature on the service, it would have been the Sky Racing channels instead of Racing.com

3 Likes

They would have done a deal with racing.com to do this. The problem with Sky racing is that it is owned and operated by TAB so they would have to somehow do another separate deal if they really wanted it on there.

It looks like the Kayo version of Racing.com is in HD. Is this the only place that has a HD version of it? I’m not sure if their website/app stream has ever offered anything above SD.

Kayo subscription numbers from News Corp’s third quarter results released this morning.

CEO Robert Thomson:

Within our subscription video services segment, the recently launched over-the-top subscription service, Kayo Sports, showed much promise, gathering 239,000 subscribers since its launch late last year, 209,000 of which were paying, as of May 8. Since the beginning of this calendar year, the number of our total paying OTT subscribers has increased more than 80% to 714,000.

As of March 31, 2019, new Foxtel’s total closing subscribers were 2.896 million, which was higher than the prior year, primarily due to the launch of Kayo Sports, subscriber growth at Foxtel Now and the inclusion of commercial subscribers of Fox Sports Australia beginning in the first quarter of fiscal 2019, partially offset by lower broadcast subscribers.

2.4 million of the total closing subscribers were broadcast and commercial subscribers, and the remainder consisted of Foxtel Now and Kayo Sports subscribers.

As of May 8, 2019, there were 239,000 Kayo Sports subscribers, of which 209,000 were paying subscribers. For the same period, there were 567,000 Foxtel Now subscribers, of which 505,000 were paying subscribers. Broadcast subscriber churn in the quarter was 17.7% compared to 15.3% in the prior year, reflecting the impact of the price increase implemented in October.

WORLD CUP 2019

• EVERY ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 MATCH LIVE ON KAYO

• ALL 48 MATCHES LIVE AND AD-BREAK FREE DURING PLAY WITH MORE WAYS TO WATCH

• EVERY CRICKET WORLD CUP WARM-UP MATCH LIVE, BEGINNING TOMORROW

The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is just around the corner, and Kayo, Australia’s multi-sport streaming service, will be the place to watch every match LIVE and anytime, starting Thursday 30 May.

Led by captain Aaron Finch, Australia head into the tournament as reigning champions, chasing their sixth World Cup, and Kayo customers will be able to stream all the action on the big screen TV* or via their mobile, tablet or PC, meaning they can watch when and where they want.

Fans can get into the action early, with Kayo streaming all 10 Cricket World Cup warm-up matches LIVE beginning tomorrow, May 24.

Powered by FOX Cricket’s world-class coverage, plus exclusive Kayo features such as ‘SplitView’, ‘Kayo Minis’ and ‘Key Moments’, streaming the entire World Cup with Kayo will make the on-field action even better.

Kayo’s ‘SplitView’ feature will allow viewers to watch up to four matches at once on selected devices, meaning fans can watch simultaneous matches across the Cricket World Cup - or any of their other favourite sporting events.

For fans who can’t watch the entire match and want to catch up on the action, Kayo ‘Minis’ will provide a 15-30-minute recap after play has concluded. While for fans who just want to catch the very best bits, Kayo’s ‘Key Moments’ will let you jump to the highlights throughout a match.

A dedicated carousel will also feature on Kayo’s home page across the tournament, featuring a range of documentaries, shows and classic matches, including every World Cup Final and some of the tournament’s greatest finishes.

AUSTRALIAN MATCH SCHEDULE:

Sat 1 June at 10.30pm AEST: Australia vs. Afghanistan

Thu 6 Jun at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. West Indies

Sun 9 Jun at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. India

Sun 12 June at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. Pakistan

Sat 15 June at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. Sri Lanka

Thu 20 June at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. Bangladesh

Tue 25 June at 7.30pm AEST: Australia vs. England

Sat 29 June at 10.30pm AEST: Australia vs. NZ

Sat 6 July at 10.30pm AEST: Australia vs. South Africa

BROOKE AND JACKSON WARNE TAKE CENTRE STAGE IN NEW KAYO TVC

AUSSIE CRICKET LEGEND SHANE WARNE HELPS DIRECT KIDS IN NEW KAYO TVC LAUNCHED AHEAD OF ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP

The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is less than a week away and there is a Warne coming to Australian TV screens, but it’s not who people would expect.

Kayo is set to kick off its third major marketing campaign since launching six months ago, led by a TVC that begins Sunday, 26 May. Guest directed by Aussie cricket legend Shane Warne and starring his two eldest children, Brooke and Jackson Warne, in their first television commercial.

Kayo Sports Chief Marketing Officer Carly Loder said: “The campaign not only highlights the features that will make watching the ICC Cricket World Cup on Kayo even better. It also educates the market on Kayo’s user-friendly interface and the breadth of content, with more than 50 sports available to stream on the big screen TV and viewers’ favourite devices.”

The TVC focuses on Brooke and Jackson being ‘Warne’ out by seeing their dad everywhere they look and while every child is a little embarrassed of their dad, when you’re Shane Warne’s kids there is no escape. Open the newspaper? He’s all over it. Jump on social media? He’s there too. Turn on some sport? He’s commentating the big game. Lucky for Brooke and Jackson, they have Kayo which not only lets them watch every match of the Cricket World Cup Live, but it also lets them watch over 50 other sports; so they can escape their famous dad.

Warne, the 1999 World Cup Final Player of the Match, said while neither Brooke or Jackson had a lot of experience in front of the camera, when it came to poking fun at their dad it came naturally.

“As with all kids, having a laugh at dad’s expense comes pretty easy so once they were comfortable in front of the camera we got some really funny takes,” Warne said.

“It was a different experience being behind the camera this time, but they both did an amazing job. Brooke is very confident and outgoing and Jackson has had some experience with content creation so they picked it up very quickly.

“It was a great experience to do something fun and different with my kids before I get stuck into the World Cup coverage. Whilst they may not be diehard cricket fans, they’ve said they enjoy listening to my commentary which is nice to hear.”

While filming was a new experience for the young Warnes, both agreed it was a lot easier than expected.

“I wasn’t that nervous, it was fun and definitely something I enjoyed and would be interested in doing more,” Brooke said.

Helping them feel at home in front of the camera was their famous father offering some candid bits of advice throughout the shoot.

“He said the mic is always on, so whenever you’re walking off everyone can hear everything, so be careful what you say,” said Jackson.

For all the embarrassing moments, growing up with one of Australia’s greatest ever cricketers for a father had its perks, including meet and greets with popstar Ed Sheeran and drinking champagne from the Melbourne Cup, but both said home life was very normal.

“I only see him as my dad,” said Jackson. “When we go out in public people go ‘oh that’s Shane Warne’, they love to do the double look. But I don’t see him like that, I just see him as dad.”

“Even though his work took him away, if he could be here even if it was just for two days he would fly back and see us,” added Brooke.

Kayo partnered with Host/Havas and Airbag Production on the TVC, which will run heavily on free-to-air television and digital video throughout the ICC Cricket World Cup.

The TVC is part of Kayo’s ICC Cricket World Cup campaign, which also includes radio, press and digital.

Iv’e got Kayo Sports now for a free 2 week trial period.Enjoying watching the French Open Tennis,Go Ash Barty! well played

3 Likes