Kayo Sports

Nice to see a response from Kayo in the comments. I’m pretty sick of the “we’ll be right back” screen and the Toyota Gazoo racing stills during halftime.

Presumably they’ve got cameras around the ground they could cut to during the breaks just to show what’s going on. Doesn’t need to have commentary/analysis running.

1 Like

I’ve noticed they seem to be deploying a similar strategy on Foxtel Now for the Fox Sports channels too - except its a Foxtel logo card

1 Like

What’s the logic with Kayo not making AFLW a ‘Kayo Freebie’?

The matches stream on the womens.afl website - indeed the full Fox Footy coverage today for the Freo v Cats game I’m watching right now, complete with Fox 504 watermark - but are paywalled via Kayo.

Indeed I’m also able to watch the game via 7plus, there’s multiple 7mates in the list of channels, with one of them showing this game.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah because you get handouts for it…

4 Likes

Kayo is announced as the naming rights sponsor of the NRL Dolphins and Brisbane Roar’s stadium, formerly Moreton Daily Stadium.

Personally not a fan of a broadcaster owning the rights to one of their league’s stadiums. Makes them seem a bit biased (more so than is obvious).
Also remains to be seen if 10/Paramount+ refer to it as “Dolphin Stadium” or “Kayo Stadium” on A-Leagues broadcasts.

4 Likes

Hate to think what you’d think about WIN then…

1 Like

They’re just a carrier though, this is a bit different. Kayo is a sports broadcaster full stop.

New channel on Kayo tonight called Fox W, but nothing seems to be onair.

1 Like

That’s either an error (as in someone’s accidentally reactivated it) or they’re going to relaunch it for during the Pakistan series in January.

1 Like

Kayo has announced the cost of its basic package will go up by $2.50 to $30 per month from February 1. Kayo will also be introducing a cheaper way to access the service in the Kayo One tier priced at $25 per month, which allows you to access one stream on one device.

That’s too much. I’m sorry but unless you’re a real sports nut you aren’t watching every sport. I watch the NRL and I really don’t want to be paying $30 a month for one sport. That’s very expensive now.

3 Likes

Perfect time to announce this right after the cricket deal has been signed :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve justified it in the past by accepting it costs me way more to go to any game I want to go to live, but it’s getting harder to justify keeping it through Summer

1 Like

Kayo One has been available since the last price rise from $25 to $27.50.

5 Likes

I was trying to work out how that differed from the one that was introduced last time! Thanks for confirming I’m not going insane.

1 Like

I just love watching the zero premium sports that exist in summer, this is a big win for consumers.

1 Like

Let’s give it 5 years then watch then pack it in.

Kayo has all the franchise T20 leagues on

1 Like

If they really want to keep subscriptions year round they’d be far better off offering their Standard package for say $270-$300 for 12 months upfront.

1 Like