Junior MasterChef

Oh ok . Just was looking at the orange image above that TV Cynic posted.

Season 1 had 12 kids competing while season 2 had 20 kids, according to Wikipedia.

They also had audition style initial rounds too which were a lot of fun… but it would be a lot harder to do that this time around.

I assumed this will start up once The Masked Singer finishes but that seems too soon if they only decided to start promoting this last night.

I think 10 is also waiting for Plate of Origin and Family Feud to finish before premiering Junior MasterChef.

I’d say just Plate of Origin because they wouldn’t want to go head to head with another cooking show. You’d want to maximise the potential audience if you’re launching something similar so better to wait.

2 Likes

Mind you from next week Plate of Origin goes down to 2 episodes a week due to The All New Monty: Guys & Gals on Sundays

It’s only a minor change. They were originally doing 3weeks x3eps and 1 week x1ep. Now they will do 2weeks x3eps and 2 weeks x2eps. Which still means it will finish the same week.

JMC should rate better than POO?

It will probably rate around 600-700k max.

1 Like
2 Likes

TV Blackbox is reporting that Junior MasterChef season 3 will premiere on Sunday, September 27, the same night 10 Shake is launched.

2 Likes

that puts it up against the Monty finale, but the monday/Tues/wed it is a mystery what 7 will do, POO finished on the 22nd and SAS is being advertised as not starting until October.

Whatever is happening good move for 10 to get in ahead of 7.

New promo

1 Like

Jock also said that season 3 of Junior MasterChef commencing filming in July, on the day that the Victorian Government announced that Melbourne would return to stage 3 lockdown.
You can hear the full interview at the Fox website.

If that slip of the tongue is true, think it’s a bad idea. I love Masterchef but not with Junior Masterchef and Celebrity Masterchef together with the regular season in a year.

2 Likes

Just what we need, more MasterChef :roll_eyes:

Two things 10 are good at, Celebrity shows and milking a format to death.

3 Likes

I would say it was more of a joke than a ‘slip’.

Or hosts.

3 Likes

A new promo aired during The Bachelor tonight, including the first look at the new trophy (a gold plated cup). That should make MasterChef contestants jealous because the winner only receives a circular silver plate.
EDIT: comparison of the trophies
juniormc Emelia

Jealousy is a curse.