Jeopardy Australia

6 Likes

I’m wondering if this is a test to see if Aussie’s like the format then they’ll strip weeknights and film here?

1 Like

The article says Nine will also show the UK version of Jeopardy, so I wonder if it will air in tandem with Tipping Point?

No it doesn’t?

1 Like

I thought it was one of David’s April fools jokes, then I realised it’s not April yet.

1 Like

I find it weird for shows like this to primarily promote to “expats”. Wouldn’t it make more financial sense to just film in Australia and use a wider variety of Australian contestants rather than picking from whoever decided to immigrate to the UK?

Just my thoughts. Should be a decent revival.

Quoting from the article:

The former QI host is also to fronting a daytime edition of the show for ITV, but Nine will screen a specially-produced version for Australian viewers.

I interpret that as Nine to show the daytime version but with specially produced intro for Aussie viewers. Unless I am wrong?

I don’t read it like that at all.

I could be wrong but it’s just saying the specially produced version will be the one they’re talking about at the top of the article. The Australian version.

2 Likes

All seems quite random. Not something a commercial network would be draw to. I wonder what the motivation for this would be.

1 Like

I think the six Australian specials will be shown on Thursday nights in September or October, to fill in the gap left by Thursday night NRL.

1 Like

I’m happy to read that there’s a local version happening - even if it is being filmed abroad. The 6 episode run may be short, but good as a filler at the end of the year.

2 Likes

You think it would make more financial sense to spend hundreds of thousands dollars to build a new TV set and bring Stephen Fry to Australia? Don’t think so.

This is the cheapest possible way for them to make an Australian version. There is no need to build a Jeopardy set and the existing studio can be used. The expats contestants are there so they don’t have to fly anyone in from Australia. Stephen Fry would be just doing it like any other episode of his regular show. You could argue that they might find a cheaper host to do it Australia but otherwise it would be cheap! cheap!

If this run is successful, they could look at spending some money on building a set in Australia for a weekday show.

2 Likes

Rob reporting that a deal has not been finalised yet

1 Like

Probably been other examples but reminds me of when TVNZ did Who Wants To Be A Millionaire from the Australian studios and flew over contestants as it was cheaper.

1 Like

Seven had The Wall, where it was cheaper to fly the contestants to Warsaw!

3 Likes

Stephen Fry is a hell of a score as host

1 Like

Wipeout Australia on Nine was filmed in Argentina.

3 Likes

Its a Knockout reboot was filmed in Malaysia(?) because of insurance issues

2 Likes

Could Nine air the UK version as a curtain raiser.

1 Like

Now confirmed.

EDIT: the UK version will have 20 episodes.

1 Like