Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

We’ve centralised the Coronavirus threads to a single forum - we’ll also expand the discussions as need be

6 Likes

Why use the scientific name COVID-19 now, when everyone is commonly referring to it as Corona Virus?

because when Covid-20 arrives, we will want to differentiate them somehow.

2 Likes

There are multiple versions of the Coronavirus - this pandemic relates to COVID-19

4 Likes

I agree with this approach, because:

• That’s the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) official designation
  • There’s more than one coronavirus including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and now COVID-19 (the Coronavirus disease first seen in 2019, as per the WHO’s new naming standard; the virus which causes COVID-19 has been named SARS-CoV-2 because it is another SARS-like coronavirus).

The distinction will help when searching for information, to distinguish COVID-19 from other/previous (and later future) coronaviruses.

Hey Team. I am a little confused with all the topics is this thread " About the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion category" supposed to be open for people to discuss in or do you want people to discuss in already established threads?

Because the media and general public started using coronavirus but now COVID19 is the common term.

Mods, can the COVID19 section please be placed above Extra?

I’ve closed the About thread - its a system generated one to store the description of the forum

1 Like

I Think it’s great to have a separate category of Coronavirus COVID19. That way there will be threads on news events, impacts on TV and impacts on radio. Also. I Would like to have a thread on the Covid19: impacts on sports in the Coronavirus Covid19 category.

Seems a bit excessive to me to have all these additional threads for all these existing subjects. Especially since there’s not much happening otherwise in these threads.

1 Like

do we have a thread for celebraties celebrating there birthdays?? and i do applogise for posting vera lyns birthday in the wrong thread

No we don’t. It’s not big news really. But the fact that she released new music on her birthday, makes it suitable for the Music thread.

1 Like

I’m glad the mods are focussed on the big issues.

1 Like

do we or can we have an thread for apps being used in convid-19 i just found an article about zoom which i think is very interesting

You could just post it in the Impact thread. I think I’ve seen something about Zoom and House Party in there already.

Not a big deal, but can the Corona category be not the first thing you see when you open the website? I’m aware about the impact of it and all, but I reckon it should be more further down in the category list.

1 Like

I always open https://forums.mediaspy.org/latest rather than the home page.

3 Likes

Is there something either staff or I can do in terms of viewing this site better? The mobile theme doesn’t work so well nor does desktop. I’ll be slowly scrolling and it will jump 20 posts up. Not once, constantly. Also images are falling to the right of the screen unable to scroll across. Is there an app I can use or an update for the site software?

4 Likes

I’ve never had that issue, what browser and operating systems are you using?

iOS 13.4.1 (latest) and Safari.

Edit: Just tried it in Firefox and had the same issue.

Edit 2: https://imgur.com/a/skyRE7T

1 Like