Interview with Andrew Denton

Love the promo I saw on twitter talking about switching to channel 7… funny

1 Like
7 Likes

That’s it :slight_smile:

Pretty funny, I hope it gets used on broadcast. I think the whole TV industry would be better off if they referenced other networks more.

4 Likes

Advising ABC viewers who didn’t know he hasn’t been on the ABC since 2012 to watch him on Seven in standard definition. Brilliant!

4 Likes

Angry Anderson and daughter Roxanne are guests on the season two premiere next week.

4 Likes

It was good to have Denton back on air tonight. Angry Anderson and daughter Roxy gave an emotional interview. They were given the full episode tonight.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Casey Donovan is special guest on next week’s show.

4 Likes

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW: Casey Donovan

Tuesday 30 April at 9.00pm

What would you do if you discovered the person you’d been having a six-year romance with didn’t actually exist?

This is exactly what happened to entertainer Casey Donovan, winner of Australian Idol and I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here. The singer was catfished, manipulated into an imaginary affair by a woman pretending to be the man of her dreams. Having been lured into the relationship, her abuser then used Casey’s vulnerabilities to keep her locked in.

“In the beginning I was like, this guy has to be real,” Casey tells Andrew. “And then as the months turned into years, I stupidly didn’t tell anyone that I’d never met this guy … I was just creating this big ball of lies.”

In a frank and fearless conversation, Casey takes us inside the waking nightmare that she lived for those six years and details how she’s put her life back together since.

“The more I found out about it, the more Casey’s story just blew my mind,” Andrew says. “It’s one of the most remarkable tales I’ve come across in my career.”

4 Likes

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW: JACKI WEAVER

Tuesday May 7 at 9.00pm

It’s the most extraordinary third act in Australian history. At 63, an age when many of us are contemplating retirement, Jacki Weaver broke into Hollywood on the back of her unforgettable performance in the movie Animal Kingdom .

In the nine years since, she’s made 26 films, scored Oscar nominations for Animal Kingdom and Silver Linings Playbook , and still found time to appear in a bunch of TV shows as well. All without losing any of her trademark sense of humour or naughtiness.

In this surprising and funny interview, she tells Andrew how she conquered Hollywood, why she got sacked from the Brownies and how to break a rib during sex. And why being a septuagenarian is not what it used to be.

“You know how they say old women shouldn’t have long hair?” she asks. “Well I think ‘Bugger that!’ At 71, I can do what I like. Be what I want. Once women have passed the change of life and their children are grown up, I think many of them do find a whole new lease of life. It happened to me by accident.”

4 Likes

2 Likes

so every episode this season is one guest now?

Last night after the Jacki Weaver interview the first ever guest chair segment featuring everyday aussies sharing their stories and lives.

1 Like

Didn’t they do the same last year?

they did but that would sometimes have two at at time not what there doing now having a single person

1 Like
1 Like

Next week Steve Martin and Martin Short, join Andrew to talk 30 years of hilarious friendship and their latest stage show.

1 Like

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW:

STEVE MARTIN AND MARTIN SHORT

Tuesday May 14 at 9.00pm

Ahead of their November tour of Australia, Andrew travels to Milwaukee to sit down in the blue chairs with two absolute comedy legends, Steve Martin and Martin Short.

The long-time best friends, who met decades ago on The Three Amigos movie, now make a joyous living insulting each other on stage in their show, Now You See Them, Soon You Won’t , which also features songs, skits, childhood reminiscences and some virtuosic banjo playing.

In this rare long-form conversation, the pair discuss comedy, music and life, raking through their movie experiences and their friendship (two words: “colonoscopy parties”). They also play a Logie-worthy game show Andrew invents called Which Martin Is That?

“Steve Martin is one of my all-time comedy heroes,” Andrew says, “and Martin Short is pure joy on so many levels. It was a genuine career high point to talk to them.”

2 Likes

IMG_20190512_162430

2 Likes