Interview with Andrew Denton

Tuesday

KEITH URBAN

You’ve never heard the Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman story like this.

Honest, real and from the heart – their romance, marriage, parenthood, and how Nicole saved him from the decade-long downward spiral of drug and alcohol addiction that almost cost him everything.

Nothing is off limits in this very personal and illuminating interview with one of Australia’s most successful music stars, as Andrew Denton takes Keith from his early days performing in Queensland to his big break in Nashville and blissful marriage to Nicole.

And it’s a marriage that may never have happened. Keith confesses to Andrew why it took him four months to work up the courage to ask Nicole out on their first date.

Join Andrew onstage with Keith at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in California for this heart-warming special edition of Interview.

Tuesday 8:45pm

AMANDA LINDHOUT

They say whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Days after landing in war-torn Somalia, Amanda Lindhout, then a young freelance journalist, was kidnapped by professional ransom hunters.

She would spend the next 15 horrific months held hostage in captivity, subjected to harrowing tortures, rapes and death threats before being freed.

But Amanda’s heart-wrenching tale of survival is just the beginning.

Amazingly, she has chosen to respond to the brutality of a life torn apart with a message of forgiveness for her captors.

Amanda is a true survivor.

Join Andrew Denton for this extraordinary final Interview for the year.

The show has been renewed for a second season.

5 Likes

Season 1 will be repeated at 9.30pm Sundays from tonight (February 17), starting from the Magda Szubanski episode.

1 Like

Repeats in prime time from the start of the ratings year. :roll_eyes: Taking lessons from Channel 10 now?

6 Likes

3 Likes

Great show !

2 Likes

Indeed it is even going to watch the repeat episodes.

1 Like

Well that didn’t last long - dumped after last night’s poor ratings.

Blind Freddy could have told them that. They need new content.

4 Likes

Yep, couldn’t agree more

1 Like

Season 1 repeats resume next Sunday (March 3) at 10.30pm, but for how long?

1 Like

Season 2 promo began airing last night.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Can’t wait. Love this show.

2 Likes

Returns Tuesday 23 April at 9pm

3 Likes

Andrew trying out a new chair for the new season :rofl:

3 Likes

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW

Tuesday 23 April at 9.00pm

ANDREW DENTON AND THE STARS ALIGN

Two people, two chairs, one conversation, no gimmicks

On Tuesday 23 April, Andrew Denton returns to Seven for a second series of surprising, funny and often moving conversations with a new crop of amazing humans.

Last year’s guest list included household names – Magda Szubanski, Cher, Mick Fanning, Daniel Johns, and Guy Pearce among them. Then there were people whose stories you could scarcely believe, such as Canadian kidnap survivor Amanda Lindhout and Queenslander Rebecca Sharrock, the woman who can remember every day of her life.

“I can’t tell you who’ll be in the blue guest chairs this year,” says host Andrew Denton, “because first, that would spoil the surprise, and second, nobody tells me anything around here. Apparently, I’m just a pretty face.”

“What I can say is that it’s a privilege to sit and talk with extraordinary people at length about what makes them tick. That moment – when everything goes quiet and all the bullshit of television seems to drop away – that’s the moment I’m always hoping for. When it happens, it’s unforgettable.

“I guess that, really, we’re slow food in a fast food environment. That makes us a slightly odd fit in the world of 2019. So, if it makes it easier, just think of us as Marinated at First Sight .”

mp4_000002000

1 Like

Heard an advert for Andrew Denton’s Interview podcasts on radio. Apparently he has more of the interviews which were cut from the TV broadcast on the podcasts.

2 Likes

The podcasts will be released by Nova Entertainment in partnership with Acast. The first podcast will be launched this Thursday.

1 Like