Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

It’s an exact copy of the strategy that The Block used a few years ago.

4 Likes

This has been discussed in the MKR thread. According to The Australian, production of 11th season has been pushed back to November this year.

1 Like

When does production normally begin?

Late July or early August for instant restaurants.

1 Like

Schedule above updated including

Monday 22 April
09:00 PM 9-1-1 S2 Ep11 Season Return

2 Likes

So The Passage premieres tonight at 9pm only to be bumped to 10pm next week. Shows Seven has little confidence in the series.

What happens to Gordon, Gino and Fred?

2 Likes

Who cares?

4 Likes

That’s always been the schedule for The Passage.

1 Like

A double into a single. Same thing SBS does with The Good Fight. Actually sounds like 7 have a plan for The Passage rather than randomly chucking it round the schedule like what happens with 95% of international content these days.

1 Like

As posted in Federal Election 2019 thread, Seven and The West Australian will host the first leaders debate between Scott Morrison and Bill Shorten in Perth on Monday, April 29. Depending on the timing (remember the two hour time difference between Perth and east coast), it will affect Seven’s programming on that night, including the new season premiere of House Rules.

1 Like

Will it? Chances are they’ll chuck the debate on 7Two if it clashes with their plans.

1 Like

They both have rightfully poor approval numbers. Probably good for Seven that way to appeal to the different demos which is what the extra channels are supposed to be doing anyway.

Since Seven is the host there is no way it will shift the debate to multichannel. It won’t create a good impression.

1 Like

I would’ve thought HR would premiere on the Sunday night

That night (April 28) is the grand final of My Kitchen Rules. I think Seven won’t want to repeat the same mistake in 2017 when it premiered House Rules before MKR on the Sunday. There was a huge viewer backlash against this scheduling and both shows suffered in the ratings.

1 Like

Ah ok.
Well maybe they’ll squeeze the debate in say 7-8pm or 6.30-7.30 or something like that?

If the debate was scheduled for 7pm local time then it could follow MKR at 9pm in the east.

Perth would then get MKR after the debate at 8pm (or whenever).

The alternative would be a 5pm start in Perth with MKR pushed back to after 8pm in the east but I don’t think that’s a good idea. Or show it on delay/multi channels in some parts of the country.

2 Likes

Hasn’t MKR run into May in recent years? Is this a shorter season?

This season of MKR was shortened by at least two episodes due to the withdrawal of Stacey and Ash at the top 12 stage. Then when there were seven teams remaining, they went straight to quarter finals instead of more outdoor cooking challenges.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else saw this but a promo for House Rules just ran during AFL coverage in Melbourne which is promoting that it’s premiering Sunday April 28th “followed by the MKR Grand Final” (paraphrasing).

Here’s a different promo which is promoting that (with a metric ton of hyperbole chucked in for good measure):

1 Like