Interview with Andrew Denton

Yep, couldn’t agree more

1 Like

Season 1 repeats resume next Sunday (March 3) at 10.30pm, but for how long?

1 Like

Season 2 promo began airing last night.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Can’t wait. Love this show.

2 Likes

Returns Tuesday 23 April at 9pm

3 Likes

Andrew trying out a new chair for the new season :rofl:

3 Likes

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW

Tuesday 23 April at 9.00pm

ANDREW DENTON AND THE STARS ALIGN

Two people, two chairs, one conversation, no gimmicks

On Tuesday 23 April, Andrew Denton returns to Seven for a second series of surprising, funny and often moving conversations with a new crop of amazing humans.

Last year’s guest list included household names – Magda Szubanski, Cher, Mick Fanning, Daniel Johns, and Guy Pearce among them. Then there were people whose stories you could scarcely believe, such as Canadian kidnap survivor Amanda Lindhout and Queenslander Rebecca Sharrock, the woman who can remember every day of her life.

“I can’t tell you who’ll be in the blue guest chairs this year,” says host Andrew Denton, “because first, that would spoil the surprise, and second, nobody tells me anything around here. Apparently, I’m just a pretty face.”

“What I can say is that it’s a privilege to sit and talk with extraordinary people at length about what makes them tick. That moment – when everything goes quiet and all the bullshit of television seems to drop away – that’s the moment I’m always hoping for. When it happens, it’s unforgettable.

“I guess that, really, we’re slow food in a fast food environment. That makes us a slightly odd fit in the world of 2019. So, if it makes it easier, just think of us as Marinated at First Sight .”

mp4_000002000

1 Like

Heard an advert for Andrew Denton’s Interview podcasts on radio. Apparently he has more of the interviews which were cut from the TV broadcast on the podcasts.

2 Likes

The podcasts will be released by Nova Entertainment in partnership with Acast. The first podcast will be launched this Thursday.

1 Like

Love the promo I saw on twitter talking about switching to channel 7… funny

1 Like
7 Likes

That’s it :slight_smile:

Pretty funny, I hope it gets used on broadcast. I think the whole TV industry would be better off if they referenced other networks more.

4 Likes

Advising ABC viewers who didn’t know he hasn’t been on the ABC since 2012 to watch him on Seven in standard definition. Brilliant!

4 Likes

Angry Anderson and daughter Roxanne are guests on the season two premiere next week.

4 Likes

It was good to have Denton back on air tonight. Angry Anderson and daughter Roxy gave an emotional interview. They were given the full episode tonight.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Casey Donovan is special guest on next week’s show.

4 Likes

ANDREW DENTON’S INTERVIEW: Casey Donovan

Tuesday 30 April at 9.00pm

What would you do if you discovered the person you’d been having a six-year romance with didn’t actually exist?

This is exactly what happened to entertainer Casey Donovan, winner of Australian Idol and I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here. The singer was catfished, manipulated into an imaginary affair by a woman pretending to be the man of her dreams. Having been lured into the relationship, her abuser then used Casey’s vulnerabilities to keep her locked in.

“In the beginning I was like, this guy has to be real,” Casey tells Andrew. “And then as the months turned into years, I stupidly didn’t tell anyone that I’d never met this guy … I was just creating this big ball of lies.”

In a frank and fearless conversation, Casey takes us inside the waking nightmare that she lived for those six years and details how she’s put her life back together since.

“The more I found out about it, the more Casey’s story just blew my mind,” Andrew says. “It’s one of the most remarkable tales I’ve come across in my career.”

4 Likes