International Politics (non-USA)

Seems a safe bet. SNP will clean up in Scotland, but suspect the Lib Dems will fall short outside of marginals where tactical voting will come into play (although to what degree that’s unclear)

Well Laura Jayes from Sky News AU (?) is saying Boris is in trouble in his own seat. Polls close in 40 mins

Christ this aged badly

1 Like

Alexa I’m sad

As one of this forum’s resident RWNJs, I’ll just chime in here to say I’m delighted beyond anything I imagined.

Conservatives have won the UK general election in a landslide.
Bad news for opposition parties:

2 Likes

New Zealand’s general election will be held in mid September.

3 Likes

Jacinda slams Australia to PM’s face:

2 Likes
1 Like

Idiots; at least they could’ve tried the original name for COVID-19, “Wuhan Coronavirus”, instead of this more blatant, childish label (presumably they first tried Trump’s favourite “Chinese virus”).

I’d be happy with calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus - people were legitimately calling it that from the beginning.

The “Chinese Virus” tag is particularly nasty, pointed and unnecessary. It particularly opens up a racially-targeted element to it, whereas naming it after the city is less so.

And ‘Wuhan Virus’ removes arguably the most recognisable part of the virus’ name - corona.

People were saying that Trump’s election in 2016 was going to be the worst thing ever. It looked like the country may have gotten away with him in charge…until now. If he orders that all lockdowns cease and everything goes back to normal ASAP, it’s possible that over a million people could die because of it.

3 Likes

The new Australian Consul-General to Hong Kong, Elizabeth Ward, has not been able to take up her role for a month due to a visa delay. It was believed to be related to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s ban on Chinese citizens entering Australia in February due to the coronavirus, which angered the Chinese Government.

1 Like

More pathetic bullying from the CCP dictatorship.

1 Like

Nothing new to see here.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Overseas Television

Student activist Drew Pavlou will appeal against a 2-year suspension by the University of Queensland for his campaign supporting democracy in Hong Kong and criticising the Chinese Communist Party.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/university-of-queensland-suspends-student-activist-drew-pavlou/news-story/986e6bd422bb0c77ebd417dbaac964b6

2 Likes

im glad he doing this :slight_smile: it just shows how corrupt our uni’s are and how dependent on china they really are

1 Like
1 Like