International Politics (non-USA)

Either way it won’t be good news for him. Teresa May had 37% of her party vote against her. She lasted only a few months after that.

He is as toxic as Morrison. He will lead them to defeat next election, so expect many of these votes in the following years if he hangs on.

Boris survives for another 12 months if he loses a VoNC

I don’t know much about British politics, but I’m sure the conservatives could do worse than Boris. Love to see a good political bloodletting regardless. Hopefully this is more of a spectacle than the attempt on Theresa May, that was a fizzer.

Boris Johnson survived the no confidence vote. He won 211-148.

That’s the scary part. The fact that he’s already down the gutter and still received 211 votes to stay.

piss weak. they need some Australians.

hes a dead man walking. May got less against her in a no confidence and she was gone in 2 months.

There is talk that the 1922 Committee will change the rules to allow 6 months between each vote-of-no-confidence against a Tory Leader

The Conservatives have shown more backbone than the Liberals ever did during the massive stumbles Morrison made.

I think Boris is on the same path Morrison went down - deeply unpopular, wrong person for the wrong time, bumbling and never his fault. Just reading some British comments around the place and they’re all basically saying what Australians were saying before May 21.

1 Like

Seems like it’s happening.

2 Likes

BBC News - Boris Johnson resigns

1 Like

Coverage of announcement that Boris Johnson will resign
ITV Broke into programming to announce Boris Johnson will resign

Sky News

BBC News

ABC News Australia

Uploading: image.png…

5 Likes

Boris Johnson’s resignation speech

1 Like
1 Like

Coverage of announcement that Boris Johnson will resign
ITV Broke into programming to announce Boris Johnson will resign

Sky News

BBC News

ABC News Australia

Uploading: image.png…

1 Like

NHK reported this afternoon that Abe had died from his injuries, quoting sources.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Fans of Succession will love this:

2 Likes