International News

This seems very interesting, a QR code for more details about a specific event.

BTW This was during Tropical Storm Krosa.

2 Likes

Here’s a promo for BFM Paris, a station closely based on NY1:

Homebush NSW, you say? No wonder Today and Sunrise are losing audience! :joy:

2 Likes

From last night, the last-ever weeknight edition of France 3’s Soir 3, with a look back at the broadcast’s 41-year history:

Why is it finishing?

It’s a bit complicated, so 'll quote Quatorzine Neko from TV Forum. In essence, the newscast will be replaced by a revamped 11 p.m. edition on the PSB news channel FranceInfoTV:

Franceinfo: Soir will also feature a full-length evening newscast at 11pm, anchored by Patricia Loison, former LCI and i>Télé journalist, who joined France 3 in 2009, and who is now back after a 3-year-long break.

This newscast was imagined to replace France 3’s Soir 3 (which Patricia Loison also used to anchor). The third channel’s nightly news programme, which was created in 1978, suffered from very varying broadcasting hours lately, causing a viewer loss. The last edition of Soir 3 is scheduled in the night of the 25th and 26th of August.

Worker unions are very unhappy about this for several reasons: first, even though Soir 3 's viewer figures are not as strong as they used to be, it still attracted 585,000 viewers on average last year, sometimes more than 1,000,000; whereas Franceinfo:tv’s viewer count hardly reaches 30,000 (0.5% of the total viewer share).

Indeed, few French people know Franceinfo:tv’s existence (unlike Franceinfo:'s radio counterpart which is the 4th most listened-to station in the country). France·tv’s executives announced the launch of a broad communication campaign to promote the channel and its number (27) on the TNT (equivalent of Freeview).

Journalists also worry about the quality and the diversity of the information: not unlike several other nightly news programmes on European PSBs, Soir 3 had a stronger focus on international and European topics. France·tv’s executives promised to keep the Eurozapping segment as part of the 11pm newscast, but this probably won’t be enough to prevent a strike movement on the 26th of August.

C’est compliquĂ©!

1 Like

The new look of the morning news on FranceinfoTV (The clip begins with a few trailers and the weather forecast):

Yesterday’s special edition of the news on CBC in the Barbados devoted to Tropical Storm Dorian:

French-language RTS in Switzerland has a new look (even though the open is essentially unchanged):

And here’s Soir 3’s replacement, the new 11 p.m. newscast on FranceinfoTV:

EDIT: This is FranceinfoTV’s primetime strand Franceinfo Soir; in case you can’t tell, I love the channel’s look:

CBSN Boston has now launched but the set caught my eye
 Don’t know why WIN can’t do something like this for their bulletins instead of the fake sets. For a small set it looks really good!

CBSN Boston Launches From Fresh, Custom Set

6 Likes

You’d be better off pointing this to Nine News regional.
Heck, even 10 News First could use this for their smaller studios.
This would fit perfectly in Perth.

5 Likes

Yea, each 9 News regional set produces news for 1.2million people plus - can easily justify a set like this

4 Likes

That’s my hometown! Here’s a tidbit: I believe that’s just a corner of Studio B, where they used to do the news. They’ve been doing it out if the larger Studio A since 2011, but that’s not to say B was small by any means. The new CBSN Boston set appears to only occupy the old standup section of the what was the old news set.

CBSN local editions simulcast the station’s regular OTA broadcasts as well as loops of special hour-long editions under the separate CBSN Boston/New York/Los Angeles branding from 7am, 1pm, and a late evening slot - NY is at 7, Boston does it at 8 to basically supplant their former traditional-style 8pm newscast on co-owned myTV38, LA sees a simulcast of co-owned, traditional-style KCAL 9 News from 8-10:30.

Speaking of myTV38, it has been the home to local restaurant and food critique show The Phantom Gourmet. They’ve done a lot of studio production in this part of B in the past, but I think they’ve started leaning on A a bit more. This might end up getting used on Phantom.

Also, CBS probably splashed $100-200K on this little setup alone - those custom-cut displays ain’t nothing. But yeah, this definitely should go to NEW-10.

2 Likes

What a mess!

CBS national, CBS Local (Boston) and now CBSN Boston - 3 different looks. They don’t even remotely tie or link together. Not even subtle design ties.

A complete dogs breakfast and all 3 looks are ugly

1 Like

Featuring one of my favorite news themes of all time, here’s the intro to a 2017 edition of BBC’s Newsnight:

None of the networks here care for visual continuity. A lot of the standardized designs that other local media groups have adopted aren’t worth adopting - Sinclair, Tegna, and even Fox O&Os to name a few.

At the very least, the CBSN Local and CBS local designs follow the same dimensions for chyrons. Lmao

Updated just weeks ago:

2 Likes

I happen to like Tegna’s elegant, minimalist graphics and unconventional music:

Here’s a historical compilation of Newsnight opens from 1980 to the present:

1 Like