Instant Hotel

Or as a replacement for House Rules.

Season 2 premieres on TVNZ2 next Monday (June 3) at 9.10pm. That means NZ will have MKR and Instant Hotel on Monday nights like Australia.

1 Like

This show continues to be a success on Netflix. I wonder if there will be another series.

2 Likes

Wonder why there was never a 3rd season. It performed well on Netflix. Netflix couldā€™ve even had done their own 3rd season. I loved the show.

1 Like

Agreed, genuinely surprised Netflix didnā€™t commission additional seasons.

3 Likes

Probably cause thereā€™s a very small pool of people who own their own AirBnbā€™s/Hotels that would want to go on a TV and rate each others.

Iā€™m sure there would be plenty people willing to turn their home into an Airbnb just to get their face on TV and get a few free holidays. Thereā€™s always plenty of people out there that could apply. The show has had success around the world on Netflix too, so they could cast from around the world.

4 Likes

Probably a similar amount of people who want to be cooks, renovators etc.

1 Like

Youā€™re joking right?

I donā€™t think you realise how popular the industry is. There are close to 140,000 properties on Airbnb alone. This doesnā€™t include people who havenā€™t got into the market yet and other websites like stayz.

1 Like

But with The Block, Masterchef, Big Brother etcā€¦ these people want to be famous. The people who own lots of properties donā€™t want to be cause they most likely tax dodgers or not TV friendly. Itā€™s a very small pool of people.

Once again, there are MANY people that would do anything to get their head on TV. Iā€™m sure they could find a cast of 6-12 couples to make another season.

But back to what I was originally saying, I really enjoyed this show and would love another season. Iā€™ve been searching for shows similar but havenā€™t had much luck. Season 1 had a much better format though.

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t like season 2 but thatā€™s prob cause the pool is a lot smaller in talent to cast

Yeah I preferred season 1 to season 2. I would love to see it back but i would like to see it done in the same way season 1 was done.