Instant Hotel

Because I ask why bother changing something if only 3 episodes are left?

And yet again you are not reading the entire post… read what I said in its entirety and then you will understand why I said what I said.

Because there are only 4 teams to begin with.

1 Like

I read the post and you said if there are 5 or less episodes the timeslot makes sense. I’m asking how and saying whether it’s 5,6,7,8 or 80 episodes that timeslot never makes sense for a show like that.

It makes sense because 7 never cared about it in the first place to commission 5 episodes. I don’t think it is a good time slot. It’s shocking. However the time slot is the last thing that concerns me about how 7 have treated the show. Which is why it makes sense to me now why 7 placed it there. I probably should have said it was sensible.

1 Like

Is it getting repeated?

There are 6 episodes this season. The 4 teams are scored, across regular episodes, then the top two teams compete in a two-part grand final. They are each given $10,000 to spend to improve their hotel based on the original reviews they receive.

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming. I just wonder why seven even bothered.

1 Like

Because it was a hit on Netflix. The problem is that Seven stuffed up the scheduling. It should have been a show for the end of the year as it was in 2017.

2 Likes

I would’ve replaced House Rules with it, but agree with the sentiment that they should’ve not scheduled it with MKR.

1 Like

They produced this before it even went to air on Netflix… so that can’t be the reason.

1 Like

OK. I should have said it was a hit with Netflix who wanted more to be produced and funded it.

1 Like

But again season 1 was only put on Netflix in December 2018. This was produced and funded way earlier than that. So Netflix was not the reason behind the renewal. So unless 7 have a psychic I just don’t understand why they bothered.

We’ve already seen Seven renewing shows based on their success on 7plus and sales overseas and streaming services.

Just because it debuted in December 2018, doesn’t mean Netflix wasn’t involved way before that. Netflix is always looking for new content and they had negotiated its purchase way before that. We already know that they bought Yummy Mummies with a deal that ensured more would be made. Same probably happened with Instant Hotel.

1 Like

This week’s episode took place in Portsea at the tip of Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula. So why did we get shots of nearby Sorrento?
Anyway, Jay and Leah’s beach shack could have earned a high score but dirty bed linens cost them valuable points. It was a good episode though, providing a glimpse into the region’s attractions including wineries and Peninsula Hot Springs.

Sunshine Coast mother and son team Debbie and Justin won season 2 title last night by one point from Gene and Sharon. In the end it came down to rental cost and whether the stay was value for money.
Was Troy Ellis the narrator for the show?

1 Like

I couldn’t get into this season with the timeslot, only caught it a couple of times. How did the finale actually work? Did the two other teams re-visit the same places and score them again? It just seems bizarre that this season was so short and they did it with only 4 teams. They must have wanted it to be a short, sharp series that people can easily binge on Netflix.

1 Like

In the two-part finale, one finalist team hosted the two eliminated teams and the other finalist team. Those three teams made up the jury and had to make unanimous decisions on scoring.

I didn’t bother this season. 7 just didn’t give it a shot. Stupid set up this season.

So the teams competing against each other in the finale scored each other? Seems fair.

2 Likes

Yep, last week finalist team Debbie and Justin hosted another finalist team Gene and Sharon. This week Debbie and Justin stayed at Gene and Sharon’s mansion.

1 Like

They destroyed a format which potentially could have performed quite decently for them as a 4th quarter show

5 Likes