Insight

Tonight’s episode about home schooling was hosted by Marc Fennell.

EDIT 12/5: Marc Fennell still hosting tonight.

EDIT 27/5: Jenny Brockie returned to host this week’s episode about vets.

2 Likes

Tuesday 2 June- Unthinkable Acts

Marc Fennell is hosting this week.

Screenshot_20200602-150448~2 Screenshot_20200602-150855~2

1 Like

Screenshot_20200604-081915~2

3 Likes

No show tonight (June 9) due to the new season premiere of Filthy Rich and Homeless.

2 Likes

Tuesday 16 June- Forbidden Love

Marc Fennell is hosting this week.

Screenshot_20200616-174422~2

Tuesday 30 June - Alice Matthews hosted this week.

1 Like

Tuesday 11 August-

John Paul Janke is guest host this week.

Newsreader Janice Petersen will be guest host for next week’s episode (Tuesday 8 September).
Jenny Brockie has been on extended leave since June with Marc Fennell replacing her and occasional guest hosts,no word on when Jenny will be returning.

4 Likes

Tuesday 8 September-

Screenshot_20200908-104814~2

Tuesday 15 September - Marc Fennell guest hosting this week.

1 Like

Alice Matthews will be guest hosting next week’s show (Tuesday 22 September).

1 Like
1 Like

Janice Petersen will be guest hosting next week’s (Tuesday 29 September)show.

2 Likes

Tuesday 29 September : Cheating Death

With guest host Janice Petersen.

Screenshot_20200929-171934~2

2 Likes
5 Likes

Jenny Brockie to step down as Insight host after two decades

After nearly two decades, Jenny Brockie has decided to step down from her role as presenter of SBS’s flagship current affairs program, Insight .

Jenny Brockie said: “After a break this year and a lot of thought, I’ve decided it’s time for a change. I care deeply about SBS and I couldn’t be more grateful to James Taylor and Mandi Wicks for supporting my decision to step away from my role on Insight . We’re talking about new ideas and how I might contribute to the network in the future.

“Hosting Insight for nearly two decades has been a highlight of my professional life. I’m proud of the work I’ve done and am hugely grateful to the talented Insight team and the many other fine people at SBS who’ve made that work possible. I have enormous regard for Insight ’s viewers and want to thank them for all the warmth and kindness they have shown me. Above all, I want to thank the thousands of guests who’ve trusted me with their stories over so many years. It’s been an honour and a privilege to help you share your experiences.

“I’m looking forward to what comes next for me. I have no doubt Insight will continue to flourish and I will be welcoming the new host in 2021.”

SBS Managing Director, James Taylor, said: “Jenny is one of Australia’s most respected journalists and has played an integral role as part of our highly-regarded news and current affairs team. I want to take this opportunity to acknowledge Jenny’s substantial contribution to SBS over almost two decades with Insight , and for her award-winning body of work. Jenny has been instrumental in growing and refining Insight from its early days to become the world class forum program it is today, and we look forward to building on that success. Jenny will always be part of the SBS family and we’re hopeful she will return to our screens in the future.”

Newly appointed SBS Director of News and Current Affairs, Mandi Wicks, said: “Jenny is renowned for her curiosity and fairness, bringing a forensic attention to detail and a warmth that puts interviewees at ease. She has unearthed some extraordinary first-person stories over the years, delivering the high-quality journalism our audiences know and trust us for. Jenny will be taking a break, and while we are sad to lose her from Insight , we’re discussing opportunities and fresh ideas in the hope we can work together at SBS in the future. I look forward to working with the Insight team during its next phase in 2021 as it continues to deliver balanced, considered and intriguing debates, delving into a wide variety of topics with a fresh perspective.”

Outgoing SBS Director of News and Current Affairs, Jim Carroll, said: “It has been an absolute privilege working with Jenny over the past eight years. She is a class act and her intellect, gravitas and humour have made Insight ‘must watch’ television for Australians wanting to be informed and entertained on the most vital issues. Under her watch, Insight became SBS’s most successful and engaging current affairs format, and together with the team it has garnered an incredibly loyal following of viewers and a growing digital presence. Jenny’s capacity to earn the trust of Insight guests, allowing them to tell the most personal and sometimes distressing stories in a safe environment, was without peer.

“To me great television is often about memorable moments and Insight with Jenny has provided so many of those. She leaves an enormous and proud legacy.”

SBS will commence its search for a new Insight host for 2021 in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

I would think Marc Fennell is a contender to replace Jenny,he has been a terrific fill in host for her in recent months.

4 Likes

There is certainly a large pool of talented journalists available who have recently been made redundant. So the job advertisement should attract a lot of interest.

2 Likes

I’d imagine that Marc, Janice Petersen and Alice Matthews are the three leading contenders (with those being the most prominent fill-in hosts this year), but of course it’s also possible that SBS might surprise us by picking someone completely different to succeed Jenny Brockie as the main host of Insight.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20201002-060359~2 Screenshot_20201002-060507~2 Screenshot_20201002-060235~2

I’m looking forward to knowing what Jenny’s next role with SBS will be next year.

3 Likes