Incident at Flinders Street Station (Melbourne)

Presser on now.

2 Likes

Seven News Sydney tonight.

9 Likes

Unknown if it’s terror related.

1 Like

Very brief press conference from police. Little details.

As details emerging, ABC News Melbourne has really struggled.

The cross to Richard Willingham was cringeworthy at best.

1 Like

As posted above, Sportsday is not on 3AW this evening. 3AW Drive has been extended to 7.30pm AEDT to cover the continuing developments.
(3AW is broadcasting Big Bash League cricket between Hobart Hurricanes and Melbourne Renegades at 7.30pm AEDT)

1 Like

A record for the program.

1 Like

Gee, 7 critical, that’s not good news at all unfortunately.

I have never been a fan of Leila Mckinnon but she is handling this coverage on ACA extremely well tonight.

6 Likes

Would be nice to see all networks air some later bulletin or update tonight, as 6pm news didn’t have full details (was still developing).

Besides, it’s summer non-ratings, only Ten may be unable due to BBL coverage.

Ch 7 and Ch 9’s line-up looked awful anyway.

ACA Melbourne reporter Reid Butter also reporting live from the scene, Leila now interviewing security expert in the studio.

3 Likes

7 Melbourne doesn’t appear to be airing the brief comments from police.

I assume there will be a more thorough press conference some time tonight.

I think it already aired…

I’d take an awful schedule over coverage of a terror attack any day…

5 Likes

No, they didn’t air it at all. I thought they might have aired it on delay. But I’ve seen nothing.

I assume they’ll be an extended update around 7:25pm.

ABC News have been replaying the same couple of phone interviews ad nauseam while they wait for new info or for something to happen for the past couple of hours.

Mike Amor did say in the closer latest updates throughout the evening.

1 Like

He also said they would air the press conference from police.

Yes your right just checked my recording police press conference wasn’t shown on Seven despite Mike saying during the bulletin we will bring you the police press conference live when it happens.