Imparja Television

I think the reason for this is because there is no line of sight to Ballarat to relay the regional channels in some of those Great Ocean road towns. So instead they take the Melbourne channels which can be relayed off-air from Mt Dandenong.

4 Likes

Briefly seen on The Amazing Race tonight

15 Likes

Was thinking about Impaja the other night, wonder if they’re making any decent advertising dollars during the Aus Open Tennis. Would be mainly national companies I would assume. Any local business would probably be priced out.

1 Like

They would have some local slots available. Mostly in daytime and selected Prime time. National clients would take a fair chunk though.

I imagine Imparja rates well during Live sport just like other Nine affiliates. CDT on the other hand just pretty much gives their slots away.

2 Likes

I would guess that Impaja does very well with Rugby League and AFL. Tennis, though, isn’t rating too well in regional Australia.

1 Like

Imp doesn’t have that, does it?

1 Like

Imparja Television will commence airing an ad campaign starting tonight, advocating for action on the crime issues in Alice Springs.

It’s in response to A Current Affair’s story surrounding Alice Springs crime from last Monday.

The first one will air around 6:37pm.

4 Likes
5 Likes

2020…? Or has this campaign been going since last year?

Action for Alice 2020 is an advocate group on Facebook for Alice Springs crime.

They need to register as Action for Alice with ASIC otherwise 2020 remains. Campaigns were only made this week by Nine Creative for AFA/IMP and distributed tonight in response to the ACA report.

It’s almost an anti-government ad lol.

The irony that for years and years Imparja has insisted it’s trying to decentralise / focus on other parts of its license area, then they air something like this. :roll_eyes:

Guess they forgot about Alice only representing 5% of the population of its license area.

2 Likes

52c3mj

13 Likes

More anti-government campaigns -

This is an interesting read where Imparja CEO Alistair Feehan talks about how its obligations to the government have killed the company.

Imparja: its disappearing purpose | Alice Springs News

3 Likes

… this is what happens when governments fiddle with the television business … first Hawke and Keating, then Rudd …

1 Like

If Imparja could air an anti-government ad why isn’t Imparja making an effort to reinstate local news updates?

2 Likes

I don’t see the comparison. Imparja airing a political ad for a third party (and no doubt getting paid to do so) is not equivalent in scale to producing local news.

IIRC, Imparja has long had a commercial production facility and they probably screen many ads for their clients. It’s money for them.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It looks like the quality of Imparja’s source has improved. I can’t say for sure until I see the same program on WDT in a couple of hours, but after watching this channel for a while I can instantly notice it’s better.

6 Likes

Couldn’t they pick a better DOG? What about their original logo? Not to mention, give a troll Paint.NET, and watch it become GIMP. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like