Imparja Television

Do they use VO talent who have indigenous heritage?

Belies the purpose of the station if they don’t.

Good to see, thanks.

Their original purpose is long gone now in this post-aggregation world.
They’re now just another Nine Network affiliate.

NITV has probably taken over the original purpose of Imparja.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I think it’s safe to say something went wrong with Nine’s schedule tonight. Fletch showing on both Nine/Imparja and 9Gem. Some weird things are happening on Imparja with multiple PRG’s being shown and until about 5 minutes ago it was a clean feed of Nine without any watermark.

5 Likes

The balloon themed ident is also used on GEM:

They aired tonight’s movie 10 minutes earlier than the network and padded out the last 10 minutes with 9Honey segments. I caught the ident when they were rejoining the network feed:

5 Likes

Interesting. What happened earlier in the nights schedule that resulted in Imparja getting 10 minutes ahead of the network feed?

1 Like

Nine News Darwin finishing at 8.30pm. Whatever program it was replacing from the network feed finished at 8.40pm. So they brought the movie forward 10 minutes.

2 Likes

How long has Imparja been showing the full Nine simulcast schedule during the day? Last time I checked they had an hour or two of home shopping on their schedule.

1 Like

Imparja started showing the full Nine schedule (with either Sydney or Brisbane news) in 2008, having gone with a mix of Nine/Ten programming after Seven Central launched. The on-air presentation from 2008 promoted the channel as “Nine Imparja”.

That’s not the question that was asked. They still broke away for infomercials up until quite recently regardless of affiliation.

6 Likes

@Aurora knows that. However, Imparja after becoming full-time Nine was showing a two hour block of infomercials during the day, and the question is when did they drop the daytime infomercials.

2 Likes

Presuming it had something to do with not meeting the local content requirements (since Imparja doesn’t carry 9Life in its broadcast areas)

3 Likes

That has been covered by Imparja having a late morning repeat of Today on 9Go!.

1 Like

Must be it. Haven’t paid much attention to their schedule lately.

Still sad they dropped their red box logo. Sure it had nothing unique (or almost nothing unique) to promote, but it did show what their advertising and design team were capable of.

1 Like

Still using the old Today coverup and clock:

For comparison:

3 Likes

They almost got the clock time right, except the wrong font and a bit off. For the white faded border under the IMP watermark, I don’t know why that’s there…

1 Like

It was designed around the previous Today supers. It’s not like they’ve had a crack at it and got it wrong. They just haven’t updated it.

3 Likes

Considering that both IMP North and IMP South broadcast into two different timezones all year, i’m surprised they even bother to have a clock. Or if they do insist on having a clock, they should at least have “AEST” underneath it

6 Likes

There was talk a while back about a possible sale of Imparja (or maybe just a valuation), what ended up happening there?

2 Likes