I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Talking rubbish as usual.

2 Likes

Yes, it was up against the men’s final in an attempt to get a jump on MKR and The Block.

Putting my money on Christopher Atkins as the Hollywood heartthrob. Rob Lowe’s name has been mentioned but with a successful return to TV in The Grinder I believe it’s more than safe to rule him out.

Yeah most shows don’t normally conclude on the day of a big event. Maybe launch it then if there is an opportunity but I can’t remember shows been worked around to conclude on the same day as a big event.

From memory the premiere episode still did reasonably well (around 1 mill) despite being up against the mens final. Plus I think it was mostly up against pre match stuff before the mens final anyway.

I still think getting in the week before would be a big advantage to get some viewers hooked before the other shows start up. I’m confident it will be a stronger year for Celeb anyway with AGT feeling like a desperate filler and surely MKR will continue to lose some of it’s shine this year.

1 Like

Yes it started at 6:30pm and the final didn’t start until 7:30pm. Ten need to try to get a jump on 7 and 9 again this year IMO.

Does Daniel MacPherson count as a Hollywood Heartthrob given that he is appearing in The Shannara Chronicles? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope so. I’d love to see Dan on there we need eye candy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I somehow doubt he quit hosting one reality show to appear as a contestant on another.

Why not? I don’t see any reason why Dan wouldn’t be willing to do a short 6 week (or less) stint on a show if he doesn’t have anything else on during that time. Dan is currently filling in as a host on The Project which means he has his foot in the door at Ten already.

Also doing a bit of investigating Tommy Little has had tickets for comedy shows selling all through this month in both Adelaide and Melb for shows right up until mid Jan, and they then stop until the Melbourne International comedy festival. The sudden a big gap fits perfectly for this series timeline and raises my suspicions even more that he will be on this.

Because being contestant on a reality show would be a serious step backwards. Maybe you don’t think so because you love reality shows but most people do.

The point of him leaving Dancing With The Stars was to do more acting roles and try other things. I believe his role in “The Shannara Chronicles” clashed with him doing another season of DWTS.

I agree, my money is on Tommy Little.

I think you could be on the money with Tommy Little but off the mark with Dan McPherson.

Contestants are looking for free exposure to re-establish their careers. Dan walked away from a good gig. To feature on this show would be a massive step backwards.

I’m a Celeb confirmed to be starting on Sunday 31st Jan. Getting a jump on MKR and Australia’s Got Talent but directly up against the Men’s Aus Open final in some markets.

They keep doing this every year.

They will claim it was a success last year.

The season 2 premiere will also be up against the third and final Twenty20 match between Australia and India in some markets.

Dopey!

Clues for the celebrities.

• A Television Icon
  • A Champion sportswoman
  • A Theatrical lady
  • A World Class Comedian
  • An International DJ
  • An AFL Legend
  • A 90’s TV Star
  • A Hollywood Heartthrob
  • A Record Breaking Pop Star
  • A Rugby League Superstar

Perhaps Didier Cohen is the DJ. Wendall Sailor classify as a superstar? This would be right up his alley.

I think they should have looked at getting Lady Colin Campbell who was just on the UK version. She would have been gold.

My thoughts are:
Reece Mastin
Ben cousins
Jane hall

Could Maggie Kirkpatrick have been poached?

I can’t imagine for a minute Maggie would put herself in the limelight after what she has recently been through.