I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

So apparently they filmed 2 endings. How bloody stupid, for a close to LIVE show compared to other reality TV formats its a bad decision. Now we know the two finalists are acting. They could have just done a Survivor and filmed a LIVE show in Sydney tonight and cut to packages.

Also has anyone else noticed ever since Katherine Kelly Lang left that Julia has been wearing kaftans a lot? KKL collection?

No. She wore the same ones earlier in the season. One of the contestants made a point of asking whether it was a fig leaf or palm tree at the front.

Tonight doesn’t have a pre-recorded feel to it. If you didn’t know it was pre-recorded, it could easily pass as a live broadcast

2 Likes

Think that’s what they were going for. Fantastically put together, well done.

1 Like

The right person won for the right charity.

5 Likes

Richard Reid Won season 5 of I’m a celebrity… get me out of here!

The two endings would have comprised of no more than 3 mins of footage. All of the interviews etc were done before the announcement.
It wasn’t a big deal.
However, waiting 4 days was a mistake.

2 Likes

It’s become fairly routine with these shows nowadays

The four-week duration is perfect. However the finale must be shown live next year.

5 Likes

Was there a spoiler this year or something? Don’t think the finale not being live affected it at all.

There were no spoilers

I don’t think there is a need for a live final but Ten should get rid of the gap between the last regular episode and the grand final; either run the regular episodes up to Thursday with a Sunday final or have the final on a week day.

6 Likes

No I think this length is perfect.

1 Like

I think the length is great except for the way the held off screening the grand final. I think they’ve got the eliminations done well too now with the majority of them happening at the end of the competition, day after day.

2 Likes

The right person won out of the final 3. Well done to Richard.

I had absolutely no idea they filmed two endings. It didn’t feel like that. Is that confirmed? I actually had a very strong feeling that Richard must have won a a few days ago (after when they would’ve filmed the finale) as I noticed he was an absolute clear favourite on betting sites (which has been pretty accurate with shows like Survivor etc) and then I noticed they turned the betting off a day or two later. From memory Shane had previously been a clear favourite so to see that made me wonder if people in the know were betting before they turned it off.

It actually went for 5 weeks.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think next season make it 5 weeks and fill in those 4/5 days they had off before finale.

1 Like

No. Keep it as it was but air the finale on Wednesday or Thursday. There are less celebrities willing to do 5 or 6 weeks.

1 Like

Yvie confirmed filming two endings on Studio 10 this morning .

A game changing season for I’m A Celebrity.

2019 wrap up.

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here’s game changing season this year finished 6% UP in total (broadcast + catch-up) audience year on year. The increase was largely driven by broadcast video-on-demand (BVOD) catch-up audiences which were up 48% on season four.

The season also recorded the series’ highest ever audience shares and its biggest ever online audience. On social, engagement across the I’m A Celebrity Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts were higher than they had ever been. Over the season, engagement on the accounts were higher than its key competitors – combined.

Network 10’s chief content officer Beverley McGarvey said: “ I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here season five changed the game and proved there was an appetite for premium first-run entertainment over summer. Its launch was the first show of 2019 to achieve an average audience of over one million and the show continued to perform strongly over its two week run against the major summer sporting events.

“Comparing its performance with its competitors across its first two weeks, it beat the Big Bash every night and had a higher average audience than the tennis five out of the nine nights it was up against it.”

Season five saw a tweaked format to the show with a shorter four week run, a different style of celebrity casting and a fresh approach to challenges.

Ms McGarvey continued: “We tried a few new things this season and, while we learnt a lot along the way, we were really pleased with what we achieved. The tweaks we made to the show were received really well by our under 50s audience and the cast. The feedback we received on social and from the celebrities, who were genuinely upset to leave, was really positive.”

The Winner Announced, which saw Hollywood Gossip Guru Richard Reid conquer ex-Gogglebox couch critic Yvie Jones and AFL star Shane Crawford to become king of the jungle, was watched by 896,000 viewers, peaking at 1.01 million. The Winner Announced was up 3% on 2018’s Winner Announced.

Ms McGarvey concluded: “I want to thank the amazing cast and crew for their hard work day in and day out, our wonderful hosts Chris and Julia for bringing the energy and fun every single night, the fantastic team at iTV for their incredible efforts, Stephen Tate 10’s executive producer on the show for his dedication, the show’s sponsors for their support throughout the season and everyone at 10 for bringing this game changing season to life. Of course, it wouldn’t have been the success it was without our fantastic celebrities. Congratulations to all of you for surviving the I’m A Celebrity jungle!”

11 million video segment views, UP 38% year on year.
Twitter followers: UP 4K year on year.
Facebook followers: UP 32.6K year on year.
Instagram followers: UP 10K year on year.

1 Like