Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I did get a correct reply notification to this post though, so it seems like it’s an intermittent thing.

This is what I mean. A post flagged and hidden for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure how that one slipped past us. A member flagged it for some reason. I’ll see if it can be reversed

6 Likes

I’ve restored the post.

5 Likes

Thanks.

@admin Can someone PM me I would like to change usernames :smiley:

Good afternoon everyone.

Couldn’t find a better time to say but, after a long time of consideration, I have made the choice to step away from Mediaspy until November. It has been an extremely daunting decision that was due to the fact that I am still in my 2nd year of my Undergraduate studies and wanting to succeed in Education. As well as this, it has been a turbulent time for me with family commitments during this year and also the Winter Holidays (where I have been having too much stress and anxiety with a lot of other reasons). A couple of weeks ago, I have been extremely busy with a lot of other commitments (like dinner) and appointments (where I have been away from home for about 2-3 hours long). Being a 2nd year University student means that I need to start fulfilling the requirements in order to strive for success. My goal was to have a strong finish to the end of 2019). (Initially, one of my units had an exam but thankfully, I won’t do an exam, which I am so lucky.) It is a good call for me to step away from the forum because I feel that I get overwhelmed and having to post on the forum, it might have some effects of what I am saying and I would cause a lot of offence and I don’t want it to occur. Stepping away from the forum until finishing my studies in early November is the right call.
I might return to Mediaspy if I want to and I would feel so delighted to doing so. I know that for me, I will have an extended summer break (from November 2019-late February 2020) before returning to my studies. I have made a study plan of what subjects I will be doing my degree. I know that it has been a huge rollercoaster ride for me this year with more assessments to be completed during not just the Semester 2, but the entire degree. I just want to say a huge thank you to the Moderators, TV.Cynic and the Mediaspy Members for the fantastic time where I provided lots of entertainment and banter around the forum and having the chance of reading other people’s posts. I’m a veteran member, but I’ve always felt that I belong with the entire community. A lot of unbelievable moments that have happened on the forum and I will certainly remember for now anyway.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of 2019.

Super_SC

15 Likes

Good luck, but remember you never ‘have’ to post. Only if you want to provide something of value or another point of view that hasn’t been provided.

5 Likes

Good luck @Super_SC and yes remember that posting doesn’t need to be a commitment. I often use this forum as a place to avoid stress. So maybe trying to work out ways this forum can be that is a good start. But good luck!

4 Likes

Ping @Sully :wink:

1 Like

What have I started :man_facepalming:

@Mitchell_Nock, some other guy who’s name escapes me also left after a personal spat with Bort and now @Super_SC as well.

Think his name was Luke?

Good luck with your studies and hope to have you back in November.

I do not recall the Bort v Nock spat? Should I?

Is it possible to completely delete your account? If not, it should be…

Can we change some colours to suit dark mode better? The navy blue is a bit difficult against the black.

1 Like

Possibly - I think it may only be that article that’s a problem

Please please can we have a dislike system?

We had negative emojis for a while but it turned out people just used :roll_eyes: or :rage: reacts when their favourite network had a bad night in the ratings and someone felt like pointing it out. It didn’t really add a lot to the board.

8 Likes

I agree, it can just start an argument more than anything without any constructive feedback.

You can always reply with “I disagree because…”.

3 Likes