Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Currently images aren’t loading for me. Anyone else?

1 Like

This looks like it was fixed.

2 Likes

Can anyone help? I can’t even screenshot to show what is happening.

1 Like

What browser?

1 Like

Images gone for me too now. iPhone on Safari.

1 Like

FWIW I can view those images OK using the MS app on Android and Chrome on desktop.

I’m not having any issues viewing images in Chrome on either Android or Windows.

1 Like

Hmm worse this morning :face_with_monocle:

Edit - things are fine on my desktop (Chrome). Must be an iPhone/Safari issue.

1 Like

Any and every (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Google iOS, even Explorer)

I’ve had a look and can’t see anything on the sites end why it might be happening, but there is an update that I’ll apply on the weekend

1 Like

We’ll see :crossed_fingers:

Any word on the iPhone image issue? Is it happening to anyone else?

1 Like

I don’t get the issue.

Our uploads are hosted in an Amazon web services instance, if only the uploads are missing I wonder whether there is something funky going on between your device and your connection to AWS.

3 Likes

Hmm seems to have corrected itself this morning :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Still happening for me. How do I fix this? Really hurts the user experience not being able to see images. At least the user profile images and the site logo is back now…

Opened an image in another tab and this message came through:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mediaspy-org-s3.s3.dualstack.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

To get Chrome’s highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection

Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is mediaspy-org-s3.s3.dualstack.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com; its security certificate is from *.safezone.mcafee.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

I’m with Optus so could it be a network issue? Because it happens across devices/platforms/browsers…

It’s a shot in the dark, but sometimes turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome can make a difference.

1 Like

Tried it but no luck :cry:

Going to have a guess and say Optus Wifi Secure is active?

1 Like

No idea tbh. How would I turn that off?

I am not an Optus customer but according to users on Whirlpool you can turn off the McAfee protection in your router.

FWIW in the same Whirlpool thread they had a link to https://sitelookup.mcafee.com/ where I have requested the mediaspy S3 bucket be classed as a content host (or whatever the wording was) with the comment that it’s an image host. Hopefully that helps other McAfee/Optus customers see the images.

1 Like