Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Got an email from Nine this morning spruiking bitcoin, lol (obviously not Nine). Includes a word from our good friend Twiggy.

I would unsubscribe, but something tells me the link might not do what I would want it to do.

2 Likes

yeah I wouldn’t touch a thing in that email

2 Likes

Best thing I would do is delete the email completely. Some email services also detect when a email is possibly Spam, and asks if you would like for that particular email address to be blocked.

2 Likes

I have a spam folder, which is where that stuff goes. It usually detects them automatically, but of course not everything will be caught, such is the nature of the beast.

1 Like

Ah, I see. At least it’s been appropriately filtered out. Sometimes at work, the email service there filters genuine enquires as spam, and scams as real mail. :man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

No, this one actually wasn’t. Had to put it in there manually.

1 Like

That’s always a pain. Hopefully there aren’t people who fall for the email themselves, as the Nine.com.au logo at the top makes it look somewhat legitimate to people who take things at face value immediately.

I can see part of the 2000s glossy Ten logo at the top :joy:

1 Like

Anyone else getting this wonderful advertisement on their page? :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Negative so far.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the ads are shown based on your search history…

5 Likes

They sure are

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Someones been looking up naughty stuff online :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I was waiting for that… :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digital TV Technical Discussion

my search history must be very boring

15 Likes

With the Grant Broadcasters thread, is there a plan to rename that to something like ARN Regional, and then have a new thread for I assume Geelong Radio and anything else that’s the rump of what the Camerons didn’t sell?

3 Likes

Done - the new thread’s name is a bit shit, happy to take suggestions though

2 Likes

Sorry to be “that” guy and the picky pedant but it should be “formerly Grant Broadcasters”.

As for the previous conversation I missed about spam filtering. Had a guy at work once complain about how the spam filter is crap and always blocks the stuff he needs and wanted it turned off for him. I told him that probably wouldn’t be a good idea and sent him a list of all the emails for him over the past week - several pages of spam all blocked, several all sent successfully that were legit and only one erroneously caught, he didn’t want to deal with the spam himself.

3 Likes

Good pickup, fixed

2 Likes