Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Yeah, I was replying to a comment asking where you can watch a cricket match not being shown in Australia, and I explained how you can using an (probably not legal) app (but I went into detail).

3 Likes

Talking about services that arent available in Australia is fine, talking about potential ways to access them isnt.

4 Likes

Thank you sir, you’re a gentleman

2 Likes

Hi admins, what’s the discussion about deplatforming or at least filtering certain members who use Mediaspy to push misinformation and engage in bad-faith arguments to “trigger the left”?

Long-time members may remember that I have a long and fabled (and frankly embarrassing) history of pushing back against misinformation and conspiracy theories on this website. It was a tiring and extremely tedious journey. I’m sure that members who engage in this are nice people who are merely wrapped up in social media radicalisation, and for that I wish them the very best in beginning the process of returning to reality. But having now seen real-world evidence of the destructive impact allowing this rhetoric to fester can have, I really hope mods/admins are having discussions…

It’s stupid that threads have to be locked because discussion was purposefully derailed. Other members are losing the ability to comment on and react to topics, which is almost a reward for those who dislike those outlets. Entire threads shouldn’t be locked off from discussion merely because one person has stoked drama. We know that admins have tools that can prevent these situations from happening.

11 Likes

Is that the reason why the CNN forum was closed for the time being? Sorry I don’t know too much about American politics since it is a sensitive topic.

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

Can’t the mods/admin just ban TFTV already?

Now just to be perfectly clear, I don’t have any problems with members of this website having a difference in opinion, whether politically or on other issues. It’d be a very boring forum if every member agreed with each other on everything!

However, anyone who attempts to sprout blatant misinformation (which at last check, is against the Media Spy Forum Rules) probably should have their posting privileges revoked.

4 Likes

Staff are currently discussing what happened

6 Likes

Relates to my comment made right before yours.

2 Likes

We try to keep threads closed for a short a time as possible - it also allows for some time for people to cool down and to give staff an opportunity to review the thread and make appropriate

We have tools that we make good use of (but they have limits - for instance we cant easily ban people from particular threads), but we cant be across every thread all of the time, so its important that content that people have questions over is flagged to bring attention to it.

12 Likes

I notice that in the TV section of the forum, ABC and SBS each now has its own subsection. When did it happen? I think it’s long overdue.

1 Like

Can anyone please tell me where i can get my account name changed?
I want to rename myself from 7989 to NormanBates2021.
Like, who to contact?

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like

Are you psycho?

7 Likes

Yes, thanks for asking

6 Likes

why is everything saying about the new local covid 19 case here in victoria being not approved yet last week was approved?

I don’t understand the question

what I am wondering is. why did everything I just typed about the new local here in victoria being another HQ worker just get not approved??? yet last week when there another local case in an HQ worker same as this case got approved?

Because this is a discussion forum, not a live blog of a media conference.

The five non-approved posts were all cut and pastes from journalists live-tweeting the media conference.

1 Like