Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I think he was making fun of the fact you defined something with the term asking to be defined by - a hack is a hack. :wink:

2 Likes

gain unauthorized access to data in a system or computer.

2 Likes

Mr Ed theme song: A horse is a horse, of course of course .
Media Spy theme song: A hack is a hack, of course of course.

1 Like

Yeah, that message rang alarm bells in my mind and ‘hack’ sprung to mind immediately.

2 Likes

I was concerned it was a lot worse then it ended up being - luckly it was just the DNS settings for the domain, which was a bit of a faff to put back in.

2 Likes

I know what a hack means lol… I was meant to say ‘Was it a hack?’. I was busy this morning and didn’t notice what I wrote. Hahahah

2 Likes

Why is this? I posted moments before in the Cricket thread without issue! And here!

Its an antispam measure - you made two posts with a lot of URLs, the system likely thought you may be trying to spam

1 Like

No, I made a post in the awards thread about the voting.

All the posts in Media Spy Awards 2020 - The Winners seem to be going to a moderation queue.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

Should be fixed now

1 Like

any reason why I am back on posts needing approval? and what do I need to do get it off it

1 Like

A staff member has messaged you about this, Jason.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where to put this, but here goes…

I joined Media Spy sometime during 2016 after lurking in the Random Mocks thread for a few months prior. I have always enjoyed the Random Mocks section and have made some contributions of my own in the past. I have always appreciated the feedback this community has given.

I’ve joined many forums over the years, but Media Spy takes the cake. This site is the most active forum out there and seems to be growing year-by-year.

One of my greatest achievements is winning the Competition to design a new logo for this site which is still in use today. I’m glad I could do something that says thanks to all the admin, mods and members for creating an active forum community. It’s something I’ve always been proud of.

As many already know, 2020 was a terrible year. Personally, a year that should have advanced my career, I found myself stalled over and over again. A recent endeavour of mine, which I believed was for the best, turned out to be one of the worst experiences I have lived through. I became a weaker, more volatile person after that. Don’t be alarmed, I’m getting through, and it seems this experience is about to become history.

After this experience, I have come to realise and appreciate the little things in life like surrounding yourself with friends, family and persuing personal hobbies that you enjoy. Recently, I’ve got back into hobbies I neglected many years ago, and am having a blast in doing so. I now have a clearer understanding on what I actually enjoy and expect from life - all thanks to this terrible experience I can almost put behind me.

While pursuing these long neglected hobbies, I have become “uninterested” in other things I use to occupy myself with - that includes an interest in media.

For the last little while on Media Spy, I seemed to only interact and felt engaged on non-media topics. This was a sign that my disinterest in media became apparent.

Who knows, perhaps this is just a little phase of mine, but for now, this will be my last post here on Media Spy. I may lurk the Random Mocks thread from time to time, but I can’t say for certain that I’ll find the time too.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has provided meaningful discussion and some constructive feedback over the years.

Over and out - @Zacgb

37 Likes

Why was my post removed @moderators ? (Feel free to DM).

Stand by.

1 Like

Your post mentioned several geo-restricted streaming services that aren’t supposed to be available to Australian viewers. I know you didn’t specifically mention how to access them but local rights holders get a bit antsy when we discuss accessing such sites and start shooting off legal letters. Better to be safe.

1 Like

Mentioning HBO Max and Hulu is still ok despite them not being available in Australia?

1 Like

The deleted post described where the apps for certain geo-restricted sports streaming services were available. They can be mentioned but I don’t think we should be giving tips on where to find them and how to access the content.

4 Likes