Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

He’s the best anchor since the Brian’s.

Exactly. This tends to be forgotten by some members who want a specific structure of threads over a more organic structure.

1 Like

Is there a reason the project thread has been closed?

Yes.

1 Like

As (some of) you would have seen, we’ve closed a few of the super threads across the NEWSCAF section of the board and opened new ones.

After five years, some were approaching 10k posts and as we saw when Seven had a minor graphics tweak the other month, the threads can fold under that weight of content.

Any issues, let us know. But it has been done on a case by case basis. Some threads with lower post counts I’ve let be.

11 Likes

I saw the time stamp added to the Ten News thread and thought for a sec they’d cancelled it entirely…

One thing on threads, would it be fine to split the Digital Radio discussion out to a tech/stations discussion? Obviously there’s a little bit of overlap, but I’m conscious of constantly boring people with endless waffling about DRM+ annoying those who want to talk about the actual content.

6 Likes

I don’t know a lot about it…what would be your ideal layout?

I suppose just a Digital Radio Stations thread and a Digital Radio Technical?

3 Likes

Came on and I had heaps of notifications. It’s a bit of a pain having to switching threads and start “watching” the new ones. But, I suppose you’re trying to make it more usable.

Also, seems people are posting in the new threads for the sake of it, which I don’t think would have happened if you didn’t split them. Anyway, I get why you have to do it but I’d like if you don’t do it too often or unnecessarily.

Well, this is the first time we’ve done it since the board moved to Discourse in 2015…so…

Has MediaSpy ever had a ‘meet up’?

MediaSpyCon? Sounds good.

I would love a meetup. I know that COVID makes things a bit tricky to deal with but once this pandemic blows over it would be really cool to meet other members.

2 Likes

Just a tad harsh…

1 Like

Perhaps a Zoom Zoom catch up?

1 Like

On Anther site i visit, the management creates new threads when significant changes (ie new studios, relaunches etc) happen. Perhaps that could be the format moving forward?

1 Like

We do tend to do this a fair bit anyway? Often depends on whether there’s enough discussion but we have broken out the Seven News thread recently when they had their graphics changes.

EDIT: Ah I get what you mean @Travis, starting a new super thread with that change and keeping it going. Something to ponder.

1 Like

Not officially. But I’m sure members might have met each other IRL. I’ve met @Bort a couple of times.

4 Likes

I caught up with some members back in the day (old forum). I have just forgotten what their usernames were now. I met someone in London when I was living there.

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge, I’ve never met anyone from Media Spy or Twitter in real life.

Are there people I know online who’d be great to catch up with one day if the opportunity were to ever arise? Maybe. But like so many other things, that of course will have to wait until the pandemic calms down a bit.

3 Likes