Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

D Smith, C Hemsworth and now… D Koch

Google just don’t care. Crooks pay them and they rake in the money.

4 Likes

Is there anyway to disable the private messaging system on here ? Need to disable so I’m not constantly told I’m being bullied by someone who creates drama out of nothing.:yawning_face:kinda obsessive.

Doesn’t this work?

The only thing I can do is muted, it must be because I’m in the moderation cue with my posts. This forum member has angered me so much with his lies and accusations via pm, just seeing his name makes me wanna scream.

1 Like

Is it an option to block him so he can’t see what you post?

This wouldn’t be the same person who you’ve attempted to have a go at publically? Yeah, I know what you tried to post

Nine interviewed a person by the name of Steve Holland on 60 minutes tonight. Is that our Steve Holland from back in the day?

I’ve seen Harry Triguboff can also make anyone a millionaire in three months.

1 Like

Do we really need a seperate Nine News Late thread, could we just merge into 9 News C&A or lock it entirely and have discussion within the C&A and P&R threads respectively. It’s just a straight bulletin, with minimal format changes.

Kinda weird having this thread in the first place since this logic would dictate we need seperate early, morning and afternoon threads too.

2 Likes

Agree. It’s not like we have a separate thread for The morning News.

1 Like

I agree. Difference with The Latest is that it has its own branding & graphics. This is just the same old Nine News stuff.

1 Like

Considering The Latest has their own thread, I don’t see why Nine News Late can’t have one as-well.

I don’t get why people complain about threads so much on this form, particularly Channel 9 related ones.

5 Likes

But how is it different to the main Nine bulletins, other than very minimal format changes? If we’re giving all the late bulletins a seperate thread, why not one for ABC Later News or SBS World News: Late Edition?

I can imagine Jerry and George having a detailed discussion about this.

5 Likes

Topics on Media Spy evolve organically and tend to appear based on members’ interests and what is topical at a particular time. I’d say there is no ABC Late News topic because there is little interest. Yet the Nine News Late topic has 259 posts and 13.6k views in just 5 months and has many recent posts.

Similarly, there are News Presenters and Reporters topics for Seven, Nine, 10 and ABC but not SBS - it doesn’t have to be logical or consistent.

3 Likes

Agree. Nightline and Ten Late News had their own threads on the old forum. Prime time bulletins tend to generate more comment and interest than daytime bulletins.

Nine’s late news is deserving of its own thread because Thommo presents it, its the only national commercial bulletin presented from Perth and it exists because of the situation we now live in. I have no doubt Nine will axe it soon after the news cycle returns to what it was and there is no thirst for information regarding the virus.

1 Like

That is a controversial point there :sweat_smile:

I don’t think I’d seen him before this late bulletin started but I find him quite watchable and can see why Nine made him the face of their Perth news bulletin and trust him to present the late national news.

4 Likes

I would disagree, but guess we have our own points