Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

How do people view this forum on their phones? I find using explorer really jumpy and was wondering if there was another way to view without it being so jumpy.

Chrome.

1 Like

I use Opera, which works fine for me.

3 Likes

+1 for Opera. Super fast and good nav buttons.

2 Likes

Discourse app

Thanks!

Chrome on desktop.
I have it pinned as a Web app on Android.

Crome was jumpy on my iPhone but opera hasn’t been.

It’s the ads I think, it’s fine on chrome for iPhone for me but I have adblocker, when I use discourse app it jumps to the ads every time.

2 Likes

Opera blocks all the ads, and the data savings helps too I think.

1 Like

One for the mods I guess - does the use of ad blockers affect the revenue generated that pays for the site hosting?

I’m happy to put up with the ads if so, as this site is probably one I visit more than most websites.

1 Like

It does - our ad revenue fluctuates significantly so its hard to determine what the impact is. That said, I dont have an issue with people running an ad blocker (I do so myself, thanks Pi-Hole)

3 Likes

I use Chrome on my smartphone to browse the forum when I am on the road. I encounter ads but that’s OK.

Do you think we need to take our Santa hats off tomorrow, site designer?

Given it’s 8:30am on Christmas Day where you are, how about just enjoying the day first…

6 Likes

Will the Rabbit ears appear tomorrow for Easter?

5 Likes

Forget rabbit ears on your avatar. Plenty more Christian celebrations to observe before we get to Easter. We’re looking to do something special for The Feast of the Circumcision of Christ on January 1.

5 Likes

Always wondered why hot cross buns taste funny this time of year…

1 Like

Just remember than if you’re enjoying calamari today

1 Like

I’d like a calculator on mine for back to school sales please. Next year I’d like a purple hat to match my Hobart Hurricanes one.

Merry Christmas to all!

3 Likes