Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Best way would be to configure a sub domain ie images.mediaspy.org that points to the S3 bucket. Dual stack would be required for IPV6 connectivity so not a good idea to disable that.

2 Likes

So I’ve done a little bit of digging and called in a favour to confirm - the Amazon instances are providing valid certificates - what appears to be happening is that for ISPs that use Safe Browsing (or equivalent), it’s replacing the certificate on one of the instances because it’s believed to be suspicious in an attempt to redirect you to a landing page to say it’s suspicious.

There may be some things we can tweak at the backend to help, but I need to do a lot more reading first (and it also appears that if you make some changes, the system needs to rebake posts which is time-consuming, so I want to be sure we’re on the right path first).

If you dig deep into the certificate, there is an alias to ensure the cert covers the dualstack domain

2 Likes

So it does. Rookie error on my part. Interesting to note that the image with the non-dualstack link worked for @foxyrove, so the Safe Browsing issue must be limited to just the dualstack domain.

In an ideal world we would be IPv6 compatible, but everything in Australia at least still has an IPv4 fall back as significant parts of the internet are still running on IPv4.

1 Like

Don’t worry, we had to dig pretty deep to find it. It didn’t make sense first off why it would report the certificate was valid when it didn’t match the top-level domain on the cert.

1 Like

Oh no. I’ve lost images again :sob:

1 Like

Possible merge suggestion for the ABC TV Plus - Programs and Schedules and ABC Comedy - Programs and Schedules threads, ahead of ABC TV Plus’ refresh in 2024, both on the ABC section in the television area of this forum. Why did the moderators not just merge these 2 threads when ABC TV Plus branding began in January 2021?

In my opinion, we should merge the threads for 3 reasons. 1. Both threads talk about the ABC TV Plus channel, and its previous names. 2. Some posts about the rebrand from ABC Comedy to ABC TV Plus are already on the ABC TV Plus thread. 3. There are 2 posts after January 2021 on the ABC Comedy thread. (Evidence here: https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/abc-comedy-programs-and-schedules/442/626 and here https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/abc-comedy-programs-and-schedules/442/625) @OnAir and @bacco007, do you agree with my marge suggestion?

We’ll look into it @Bas_Tech, but if there is a rebranding imminent, we might hold off until that happens before making any changes

At the risk of sounding like an optometrist - in this post can you see the top one, the bottom one or none of them?

1 Like

I can’t see any lols

1 Like

For me I still don’t see images like these:

But can see these:

This is all reminding me of the old Channel 7 kids show “Now You See It” (now you don’t).

Thats because the second image is not hosted by us.

I’ve confirmed that McAfee has recategorized our image hosting, so that shouldn’t be an issue anymore - if it continues not to work, then I’m not sure what more we can do, the issue exists between you and the connection to our hosting.

1 Like

Hey and it’s back! Whether you did anything that made a difference or not I say thank you to you Bacco!

1 Like

I see we have LIGHTS and hats again! noice!

I’ve also noticed the 3 horizontal lines that used to be in the top right of the page are now in the top left… and clicking on it now opens up a left pane with sub topics. Marvellous!

17 Likes

It’s all well and good to decorate, but please let’s not forget to put the CHRIST into Christmas.

6 Likes

12 Likes

I have just changed over to the MediaSpy “Fully” theme, very nice.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2023-12-03 5.29.32 PM

2 Likes

This has ruined my muscle memory.

4 Likes

Media Spy… it’s here, there and everywhere!!