Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

This site and others often rely on advertising to continue operating. Help pay the bills that you don’t see as a user. That is why they are accepted and continue to be part of the user experience.

5 Likes

Just to be clear, I wasn’t looking to get rid of the ads completely - I have no adblocker installed (I’m not sure it’s even possible on iPad anyway, the only device I usually browser MS on), and am more than happy to support the site in this tiny way, it was just these particularly gross ads that I couldn’t ignore.

This was the answer I was looking for, I reset the preferences last night and haven’t any of the ads in question yet today. You’re a life saver, thank you so much!

8 Likes

Has there been a minor software update?

I notice on some posts, the members name is now coloured in grey instead of black, and usernames on posts look to be in a smaller size.

Yes - not sure whether it was minor though, we were a few versions behind

2 Likes

This morning I tried to post something about ABC News responding to claims in Media Watch this week about Darwin reporter Kristy O’Brien who is also wife of NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner. But both my posts (a link to TV Tonight article and a press release from ABC News) were flagged and removed. Why?
If anything, I think the ABC’s press release should stay.

1 Like

TV.Cynic posted that media release yesterday.

2 Likes

Oops, I forgot to check that thread :slightly_smiling_face:

I prefer it when people message me to tell me something has already been posted in another thread.

Whenever I open the website on my mobile recently it always asks me to login. It never remembers it anymore or actually keeps me logged in.

Is this a common issue lately for others? It’s not a big deal just a little annoying.

That happened for me today but not always.

How long till we do a bushfire media coverage thread? Or will we not at all?

Generally it’s once coverage is ‘outside the norm’ we create those threads…

3 Likes

Makes sense!

There’s a Climate, Weather and Emergencies thread for the regular stuff.

4 Likes

He’s talking about the news coverage.

2 Likes

Just wondering if the China-Australia relationship thread can be moved from COVID-19 section to the Spectrum section alongside other threads about politics?

1 Like

Shouldn’t there be one already?

The Federal Politics thread is the most appropriate location for this discussion

The hat is just off, which is really annoying me…

It’s right on the icon though.

And some are left leaning while others are right leaning. :wink:

4 Likes