House Rules

Yes - in this case it looks like the MKR final is splitting the first episode of House Rules in two with 1/2 shown one day and 1/2 the next - the Tuesday episode is 2 hours.

Anyway it answers the question as to why Seven hasn’t released their schedule or updated their EPG for next week - not that it would change anything for the other networks. I was expecting some innovative schedule!

According to TV Week, Fiona and Nicole’s house would be the first to be transformed.

The changes that were made to House Rules so far look positive. There is a lot more involvement of the judges, and I had no knowledge of either the new judges before the ads but they appear as though they will add a lot of personality.

3 Likes

Sounds like Joh has taken over being the voice over for the show also. Seems a bit harsh to give them this renovation first up given it will probably be the hardest.

1 Like

The promos show a new UK judge.

Which judge/s have not made it onto this new series?

Joe Snell isn’t back.There are also now 3 judges instead of 2

1 Like

LLB replaces Joe Snell.
As the promo promised, Fiona and Nicole’s house was demolished by a wrecking ball. How was it possible to build and renovate a new house in just 7 days even with the basic structure prefabricated off site?

I had some production involvement on a season a few years ago and the renovation that I was involved in was actually filmed over 2 weeks, not 7 days as claimed on TV.

3 Likes

Somehow that doesn’t surprise me …

A bit like how in “My Kitchen Rules”, they always make it appear that everyone gets their dishes done in time, but I’m quite sure that’s not always the case.

I think on MKR they finish much earlier than the last minute panic suggests. I often notice there’s stuff done that couldn’t be done in one minute.

I have often wondered if the contestants on House Rules walk away for a day or two at a time and let the tradies finish a huge chunk of the work.

3 Likes

That’s what made me think the opposite.

I didn’t think they’d flout the rules like that but probably would muck around with the editing. I always thought they’re showing you something from five minutes to go but show the clock as one minute to go.

1 Like

According to TV Week, looks like the house reveal will be Mondays instead of Sundays. The show will air from Sunday-Wednesday for the next few weeks.

I feel the renovations always start on a Saturday and use Sunday to go shopping for products (tradies have Sundays off).

1 Like

I never want to hear the words ‘contemporary country’ ever uttered again after watching that episode.

8 Likes

Cue the two women blaming the producers and editing of the show when they start getting abused in the street…

5 Likes

For me, the part that annoyed me the most about last night’s reveal episode was not seeing the judges back at home base like in recent seasons. I hated how Joh recited the comments from the judges to the contestants, then giving the scores herself rather than seeing the judges delivering their verdicts to the teams themselves. In fact, it reminded me of The Block and Scotty Cam reciting the feedback to the teams and is one of the reasons I hate The Block and what set House Rules apart from it. I liked when they introduced having the judges come into home base in season 2 I think it was so I don’t know what made them change this but it was not a good move in my opinion :angry::angry:

4 Likes

Another ridiculous article from a lazy journo who clearly didn’t bother to check that the show premiered on Sunday rather than Monday night.

1 Like

The preview for the season ahead at the start of Monday’s episode showed LLB arguing with contestants at home base - I remember him saying to one of them ‘you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!’, which suggests they may have had scheduling issues and couldn’t get all three to attend. Either that or they’ll check in for advice from time to time.

How does the written press get away with publishing this???

• Ratings down - yes…but its not like they reduced/changed the prize due to ratings as implied
  • Launch date…Sunday versus Monday…is this written by a bot?..does the role of an Editor still exist???

If not, who is held accountable for unfactual commentary
While not a issue of national security, surely The Australian Press Council should be holding publications to account

I also dislike the fact you cannot comment on the article directly

They may have done this to make the reward fairer.

Last year the cowboys from Queendsland won the competition but only got $120,000, whereas previous years it had been $250,000, $520,000 and $460,00.

So while they may likely save money if a winner had a whopping big mortgage, the rule might have also kept certain people from competing because the prize wasn’t big enough. I think they said the whole property for the house involved in this year’s first challenge was about $100,000. So getting a new house as well as the bigger prize might have been a bigger incentive to get involved…

2 Likes