House Rules

The judging always seems somewhat dubious and did think Fil & Joe would nudge it this week. The scores overall seemed quite low for what is the business end of the competition too - would have been fairer IMO for the judges to give 4 scores to each couple - one for their zones in each block and one for the garden.

Is there a viewer vote for the final, and where on earth are they going to find a secret space in Claire and Hagans house?

Yes you can vote or text for either Claire and Hagan or Luke and Cody to win. All the details can be found here
I have also been wondering the secret space in Claire and Hagan’s house. Unless the producers were going to touch the hair salon in front of the house? The couple appeared at Westfield Fountain Gate yesterday lunchtime but it was only promoted on the mall’s website and Facebook page.

I’m guessing it will be the roof area outside the main bedroom above the hair salon. They’ll probably build another room or a balcony. I think it’s going to be interesting watching the fake reactions to the secret spaces given it will be close to a year since they would’ve been done and the contestants will have to act like they are seeing them for the first time.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’d assume although the bulk of the show was filmed a year ago they’d have left the secret spaces until closer to the broadcast - could even have left them until after the semi-final was broadcast.

Or of course they could have done a completely different challenge.

I caught up with the reveal of Leukaemia Foundation apartments yesterday afternoon. All three teams had their highs and lows across the three units and outdoor space but again Luke and Cody’s work was the best, especially with the tranquil garden, although their lack of decoration experience could be seen with the Balinese style bedrooms being panned by the judges. Claire and Hagan scored points with the kids play area, but their Manhattan living room were cramped with too many items of furniture. Fil and Joe paid the price with their mistakes: a wall between the entertainment unit and the desk, Joe’s DIY cupboard door, giant-sized Jenga, misplaced BBQ and the wrong choice of yellow colour in one of the bedroom.
I will be happy if either team (Luke and Cody or Claire and Hagan) wins tonight’s final.
It was a nice touch from the producers by dedicating the episode to John Martin who inspected the apartments with his wife Irene. He passed away in November last year after the episode was filmed.

I thought that the finale went very well. Seven seemed to have paid attention to the complaints about the back half of the show, reducing the extra pointless challenges has ensured it hasn’t overstayed its welcome.
The finale was rather straight to the point with most of the episode dedicated to the final challenge rather than constant recaps which seemed to only take up about 5 minutes of the whole show.

3 Likes

The final challenge was relatively simple compared to previous renovations. I think it was forced by lack of space at Claire and Hagan’s home meaning no secret zone.
They went through this round of renos fairly quickly as there went quite smoothly over the four days.

Back next year, as expected.

3 Likes

I hope next season will be filmed in native HD like MasterChef to avoid upscaling.

Boys From The Bush Risk It And Win The Biscuit

Lucky Luke is mortgage-free after he and his twin peaked, defeating Victoria in the epic HOUSE RULES Live Grand Final.

Queensland twins Luke and Cody Cook, 24, have tonight been crowned 2016 HOUSE RULES champions, winning the ultimate prize - Luke’s mortgage paid off in full.

Surrounded by family and friends, the emotional Dalby brothers were in tears after the result was announced by host Johanna Griggs. “To get my mortgage paid is absolutely unbelievable. It will give me the best head start in life and I will be forever grateful,” Luke said.

The grand finalists were given one last renovation challenge – to incorporate a spa and pergola in each other’s backyards. Luke and Cody received the combined judges’ score of 17 which was added to the public vote to determine them as this year’s winners.

Runners up, Claire Lintzeris, 28, and Hagan Rice, 27, from Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, received a combined judges’ score of 19 and don’t walk away empty handed after having their entire house, garden and exterior renovated.

1 Like

Great finale and would have been happy for either team to win. It is such a positive show though where everybody wins but more importantly they win through hardwork rather than backstabbing or lazing around looking pretty.

1 Like

Finally caught up with the grand final in full this morning. It was relatively straight forward although Claire and Hagan did have last day drama with safety glass when a local council inspector came to check it.
For the second season in a year in a row, Joh reads the judges’ critiques and scores to the final two teams? Why did not Joe and Wendy do it in person given they were seen backstage?
Overall, I enjoyed this season and can’t wait to see the show next year.

Regarding the safety glass - I can understand the need around a pool, or around a sunken hot tub, but seems a bit pointless around a raised hot tub.

Probably still needed in case a child puts something close to it, climbs up, falls in and drowns.

If they’re that clever they can probably open a gate.

TRAGEDY: House Rules winners rocked by dad’s death

BREAKING: Tragedy has struck the family of popular House Rules duo Luke and Cody Cook.

The Dalby boys’ father Steve Cook was found dead of a gunshot wound at a Western Downs home last night.

There was a tweet today saying…
Guess who is coming to House Rules? All will be revealed tomorrow #HouseRules #whoseshoes #rulesaremeanttobebroken

1 Like

Did they poach somebody from one of the other shows?

Dunno. Here’s the photo

Very high heels. Either a short arse like Jamie Durie or someone flamboyant like Darren Plalmer from The Block. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: