House Rules

This will be one of the few times that one network is hoping for an other network’s show to be a big hit!

Nine will be hoping that House Rules is a hit and that the renovation reality show fatigue hasn’t set in with The Block still to come later in the year.

1 Like

Given the disaster of Reno Rumble if I was Seven I would be happy with anything in the range of 800,000-1,100,000. I’m predicting it will probably come in just under the 900k mark.

1 Like

MKR winners Tasia and Gracia will be live tweeting from House Rules’ Twitter account from 7.30pm when the show goes to air in the eastern states.

1 Like

Looks like the “House Rules” Home Base is basically the same set as the “My Kitchen Rules” HQ? (minus the kitchens)

First home to be renovated is Fil and Joe. Their home is located in Melbourne’s west near the Maribyrnong River. First time the show features a house from that part of the city. Previously houses in Preston (season 1), Bulleen (season 2) and Reservoir (season 3) were renovated.

1 Like

Like every other year?

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that for the first renovation of the new season, Seven has squeezed the interior renovation into three episodes, leaving Sunday entirely to the house reveal and judgment. In the past three seasons, the renovation continued into the first half hour or so of the house reveal episode. Seven must be nervous about this Sunday when the show is up against The Voice right from 7pm.

1 Like

This is the way the episodes should have been structured in the first place. The reno episodes need to be shorter too and not go past 1 hour…ever.

1 Like

There are a couple of problems with the renovation of Fil and Joe’s house. Firstly, why didn’t the producers ask a structural engineer or builder to check soil and structural stability, and have Joh revealing the results to the five teams, before the renovation started? The downstairs laundry allocated to Nancy and Daniel was reduced to one-third of the proposed size during the renovation only after the builder found out the damaged soil, meaning heartache for the NSW couple. While the show has spontaneity, it still involves real renovation so all the preparations need to be done properly beforehand and all issues identified and revealed to the five renovating teams.
Another problem is a couple of teams overspending to comply with the five house rules set by Fil and Joe. Did the producers know about the house rules first before allocating set amounts of money to teams before the renovation?
It is so funny to see Luke and Cody getting lost in the city. Even a short trip to Highpoint Homemaker Centre (west side of Highpoint Shopping Centre, Fil and Joe’s house is on the east side) could have one of the twins lost on the roads :laughing:

So with regionals added in, House Rules beat Masterchef. Well done HR!

Not for the first time the homeowners and the judges disagreed on a room. In last night’s house reveal, the judges said Celeste’s bedroom was too small and did not leave enough space for a table, but her parents said the room was perfect.
I am surprised by the high score Luke and Cody got for their first renovation. Can they maintain the momentum?

They are getting a bit desperate. Their ads both before the show tonight and during are deliberately trying to give the impression that the reveal is tonight when it is clearly still on Sunday night. They are trying to address the mid week slump but it’s just outright deception

Have to admit I was suckered in by that :rage:

Seven always do that. They did the same with Seven Year Switch promoting certain things weeks before they actually happened. It’s a disgrace.

I managed to find time lapse satellite images which showed changes to Fil and Joe’s house.
This is from February 5, 2015:

This is from May 1, 2015:

It indicated the extended deck which was done during the renovation.

Stalking again? The authorities have been alerted. :stuck_out_tongue:

The second photo is a potential spoiler for the outcome of the show given that exteriors form part of the competition.

2 Likes

I caught up with three renovation episodes this afternoon. Rob clearly was not a team player, he only cared for himself. Fil & Joe and Nancy & Daniel both hit budget problems after ordering expensive turquoise tiles. While Fil & Joe found a way to get some money, Nancy & Daniel just kept arguing.

Stop stalking them, mate. You will be reported. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh OK.
From this week the program introduces a Rapid Room Rater at its Facebook page. Just go there and score each zone as the house reveal episode airs in your area. It means viewer score for each zone will vary from state to state.

This is about the only Aussie show I go to the effort of acquiring nowadays. I do love the concept but the long episodes are just killing it - nearly 75 minutes without the ads for the Sunday shows and half of that is the judges walking around the house. I’m sure in the first season that took about 10 minutes!

Tonight once again the judges and home owners had completely different views on some aspects, noticeably the bathroom. And I’m really fed up of the split zones which they only do just so they can spend half of he episode having them fight for space. It was much better in season 1/2 when the zones were actually zones with rooms together and the contestants could present an overall product (i.e. a full master suite with walk in robe and bathroom).