House Rules

Why do you think that needs to be mentioned? You want to give the car company a free plug?

1 Like

Because in previous seasons, teams cars were not marked. Was House Rules copying The Block by including branding on the cars this time?

Probably copied my local plumber, he drives around a van with his business name on the side…

7 Likes

Who notices things like that? Except you obviously. :worried: But who else?

1 Like

I did hear from someone that this season’s producer was the ex block producer? I’m not sure how accurate it is but could be true?

The renovation of Troy and Bec’s house had it all: Fiona and Nicole against the so called alliance: team QLD, SA and TAS, especially Fiona’s argument with Aaron on room space; the ladies winning the statement piece contest; and cracks developing in Kate and Harry’s working relationship.
The house rule on Bec’s love of V8s confused many teams. Was it for V8 Supercars racing or just V8 cars? No wonder Troy and Bec gave many statement pieces a fail.

Still loving this show even if some of the changes this year are rather questionable, especially splitting the judges over two episodes and returning to Jo reading out the judges scores rather than the judges returning to Home Base.

Knowing Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen from UK TV he has quite a reputation here so I was dreading him joining, but actually quite enjoying his contribution, even if it is more about catchphrases than constructive criticism. It does mean Drew is being over shadowed and to be honest three judges doesn’t really work. I think Drew would be fine had he alone replaced Joe - he’s a bit more practical with his critique and Wendy already had the design covered. However his views get lost at the moment.

As for the new twists - the statement piece is a nice idea which doesn’t detract too much. Just wish they’d either stick to the same prize or completely vary it each week rather than having painting for 3 weeks and drivers for 1.

Not so sure about the bonus room - I’m guessing the idea is to give the homeowners a bit more influence now their scores are only worth a quarter rather than a third of the overall mark.

And the same complaint as every year but I hate the split zones. Was much better when teams got for example the entire Master Bedroom suite or the Kitchen and Dining so a full concept could be put together, but seems the show is more interested in teams arguing over a few mil here and there than the final product.

P.S. Fiona and Nicole by far the worst contestants they’ve ever had - do they completely forget that even if they were as amazing as they thought they were ultimately the public gets a big say at the end anyway. They’re so bad almost makes you wish their was a twist that the first team eliminated gets their home demolished.

I’ve been oversea and missed the first two weeks of the show. What on earth did Fiona and Nicole do to upset everyone on the first renovation?? I keep hearing the others mention it but I have no idea what they’re talking about.

I know it was their house that was done first, and that it was to be demolished, but where did the rest of the problems come from? And why does Fiona keep referring to the others as the cool group, or whatever she says?

I’ve only been watching the reveal episodes this year but basically they had a shack which was demolished and had a new house built for them. But they hated everything, scored everything low and acted like ungrateful cows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And why doesn’t that surprise me?

Thanks for the reply.

Because nobody could do country chic, they could do contemporary chic and classic chic and country but not country chic and pretty much every single zone they whinged about how people did it wrong, then for every build since they’ve argued and fought with everybody and put them all offside whilst then being very smug to camera about how they never lose yada yada yada.

In a nutshell, they seem like not very nice people, interesting that usually when there’s a show like this and villain (or couple) there’s always somewhere out there defending them and saying it’s not accurate and just how it’s been edited etc… I haven’t heard anybody saying this about these two so I wonder if they actually are like that. If so, I pity anybody who ever has to talk to them.

3 Likes

I know drama gets people talking and watching, but seeing a decent couple, and one who actually deserve to have a new home built for them would make for a far better show. Domestic Blitz and its sob stories did well for years.

1 Like

Too bad that weird Karl Stefanovic format on Sundays didn’t. Can’t even remember the name

As well as being overly harsh in their marking (especially failing the bonus room, which was probably the best bonus room of the series) they just haven’t been co-operative in their renovations or considered the home owners - specifically in putting a wall up in their first lounge when the home owners explicitly said open plan living was important to them so they could see their toddler playing at all times.

1 Like

Just caught up with Troy and Bec’s renovation reveals. Have they set the bars (house rules) too high that the other teams could not follow, like making a master suite fit for the king and the queen, and use Kim Kardashian as inspiration for Bec’s daughter’s bedroom?
Some of their criticisms went too far, e.g. Troy said the black fishscale tiles in the ensuite (by Sean and Ella) reminded him of a crematorium and gave the Tasmanians two points. It’s OK for the homeowners to dislike the black colour, but at least they should have acknowledge other teams’ efforts. (Troy and Bec defended their scoring in an interview with News Corp and claimed they would need to save for a year to fix all the mistakes in their newly renovated home)
Kate and Harry really bit more than they could chew. They took on the biggest zone of the house plus the bonus room, left many bits unfinished (the biggest blunder was lack of shower screen in the family bathroom), and paid a heavy price. One week was just not enough to renovate four rooms plus the hallway.
Fiona and Nicole got what they deserved for refusing to coordinate on ceiling paint colour, getting low scores from homeowners and judges alike. At least they have two small victories, claiming the best statement piece and outscoring Kate and Harry.
Seems like there were more misses than hits in this renovation. The couple got a great laundry, big kitchen and nice dining room…but that’s about it. It will be interesting to see which zone they would change in the fix-it challenge if they made it.
Saw the promo for next Sunday’s reveal for Sean and Ella’s house, and Troy and Bec walking off the Homebase set in Sydney. Seems like they were not happy of judges’ critiques.

I’d say they set it too low with their bogan style choices. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Love how House Rules was proudly brought to you by Delta by Delta Goodrem tonight.

1 Like

Johnson would have loved that

2 Likes

You’ve got to see this. Click the link to Twitter.

Bloody bogans. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: