House Rules

Tanya and Dave are just so rude. I know they’re meant to judge but they’re picking on anything and everyone and their judgements are so condescending.

And Tanyas comment at the end about how it’ll cost a bit of money to fix everything. Just so ungrateful.

5 Likes

I’m finding them very annoying.

‘We want a coastal home’. It’s 14km, 21 mins, to the beach. “We’ve got a powder room!” They already had one. “We’ve got a bath!” in the ensuite. They already had one.

‘The glass door is not really suitable’ in one of the boy’s bedroom. If it was such a concern why as the parents of the children didn’t they fix the glass door problem when they moved in.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why Laith and George trashed the staircase, given it was an original design.

2 Likes

There were some other really good art deco features in the rest house that were also trashed, like the picture ledges/rails and cornices. I really treasure these features in my house and seeing that almost made me :cry:

2 Likes

The mud room has two doors leading to the backyard on either side.

1 Like

Looks like Seven has moved the judges’ reveal to Sunday, making it a 2.5 hour marathon. The new round of interior renovation begins on Monday. After Tamara and Rhys’ house, there are two more rounds to go (Lenore and Bradley in Sydney and Kimmi and Rhi in Launceston).

1 Like

Are they trying to kill the show quickly? Dumb move. The judging episodes are the only ones worth watching.

1 Like

Tania and Dave’s continuous ‘drama’ has wrecked this season and the move away from actually showing the renovations, switched to Masterchef.

3 Likes

Tanya & Dave are absolutely horrible, a complete turn off for me. It’s a shame, the rest of the cast are very enjoyable and seem to work well together.

1 Like

Tanya and Dave reaped what they sowed tonight but had this reno aired earlier before their previous zone wars I’m not sure it would be them looking at fault. No doubt the “architects” deliberately give teams a room too small to create the “zone wars”.

However, what is making the season unpleasant isn’t Tanya and Dave, it is a complete failure of the editors and producers to deliver the show they’re making. It felt like half of tonights episode focused on the zone wars when actually all it needed was a brief two minute segment covering it, as after all they came to a fairly amicable arrangement. We got to see virtually nothing of what they plan to do to the house.

One thing though is after last week, where the main problem with the house was having to close the dishwasher to open a cupboard door, we did have something more classic House Rules today, so hopefully it should be a transformation worthy of two hours of repetitive reveals.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that Carolyn has not been seen on the show since they renovated the penthouse apartment at the beginning of the series. We’re seeing less and less of her

She provides nothing anyway.

Almost every time she gives advice to the contestants the judges hate it and end up suggesting basically the same thing they had planned before Carolyn tells them it’s wrong.

2 Likes

It’s true though. The contestants are better off ignoring her opinion.

Tonight I caught up with the judges’ scoring of renovation of Tanya and Dave’s house. LLB and Saul were pretty scathing of all five teams, in particular Laith and George wrecking the staircase and Lenore and Bradley failing to complete all of their three allocated rooms. I counted Saul gave three 5s and LLB gave two 5s.
There was a late twist too, with Lenore and Bradley revealing (during their recount) that bottom two teams would be eliminated after all six houses had their interiors renovated.

Not a twist. That was mentioned at the start of the house renovations.

1 Like

Seems it has been somewhat streamlined this year with the cut from 6>4 instad of 5 and cutting an episode from each weeks renos.

To be honest I’ve always thought they should skip the final 5 stage and go from 6>4 as just eliminating one team based on the main round of the show never felt quite right.

Tamara and Rhys’ house is in Margate on Redcliffe Peninsula in Brisbane’s north.
https://www.realestate.com.au/property/74-cutts-st-margate-qld-4019

2 Likes

Thanks! So there was three bedrooms and there’s now two and a study.

Here are the old and new floor plans for Laith’s house at Oakhurst in western Sydney.
oakhurst old floor plan

1 Like

Carolyn was back tonight.

I’ve got it all wrong here. They had extra footage from renovation of Tamara and Rhys’ house that wouldn’t fit inside 90 minutes. So tonight will still just be homeowners reveals, with judges’ reveals tomorrow night.
Next week, the renovation of Lenore’s Sydney home begins. It looks like it will go for four episodes based on the synopsis.