Hot Seat

Great move, hopefully meaning an additional segment or something. Where do you get this information from?

Maybe they’ll have TWELVE contestants rather than 6 ???

Or will they go back to the original, slower more serious fornat with lifelines etc (which was 1 hour)?

4 Likes

I’m probably going to be the only one who thinks that it’s actually a bad idea for Nine to extend Hot Seat to an hour and cut a half hour of Nine’s Afternoon News. How about going for a true point of difference to Seven instead?! :rolling_eyes:

So I guess that means Hot Seat will probably start airing each day around 4.55pm rather than around 5.25pm?

Side note: The answer is probably obvious, but why do both Seven and Nine start their gameshows around five minutes before the advertised time?

2 Likes

To offset all of those shows that finish overtime?

1 Like

Hopefully…

Some days it starts at 5:21pm, and I’ve seen it start as early as 5:19pm.

Will it just be the same program but they will edit out less of Eddie’s conversations with the contestants so it drags out to 1 hour?

3 Likes

the starting times of Hot Seat is ridiculous. If Nine had just simply advertised it for a 5.25pm start in guides and commercials, id have no issue with it. But to consistency air it 5-10 minutes early every day for the last 5 years is insane!

As for the show airing for an hour next year, I also think its a bad idea. Not good in the Hot Seat format.

Nine could air Who Wants to be a Millionaire on a Monday afternoon 4.50pm - 6pm slot, and have Hot Seat air the other four nights as something different?

1 Like

Would make for an interesting schedule on the Gold Coast.

4 Likes

They would probably have an opt out of afternoon news at 4.25 or whenever, 1 hour Hot Seat and then Gold Coast news at 5.30pm?

I am all for that but it is simply not working. The two biggest cities Sydney and Melbourne, that Nine are/were winning, have been greatly affected with the ratings at 6pm because of the poor weak-in. Nine really had two options:

1. Extend the show to one-hour and directly compete with Hot Seat
    or
  2. Axe Hot Seat and create a new show and therefore risk that the ratings might be worse.

Bring back Temptation!

4 Likes

Nine is surprised that we are aware of the Hot Seat 2017 extension :

Are they?
The only part of the article which would come close to saying that is “TV Tonight understands Hot Seat plans for 2017 are being kept heavily under wraps.” - Which is true. Even the TV Tonight article states that Hot Seat will extend to 1 hour, but it has not been made public, nor discussed on this forum exactly how they plan on doing so - so I’d say their plans are still under wraps.

A TV Tonight staffer told me that when they contacted Nine for comment they seemed surprised that they knew about it despite promos airing.

As in David Knox, who has run the site on his own since it began?

16 Likes

What promos?

Format changes announced:

1 Like

Just saw a Hot Seat Super Game promo on 9Life, It’s no wonder people aren’t watching this. The newest reincarnation won’t do a single thing until they bring in a completely new format from 5 and a new host.

1 Like

Having Seven and Nine both targeting the game/quiz show audience has to be good news for Ten with Eyewitness News the only 5pm bulletin next year.

8 Likes

Here are two short promos of the extension currently airing:

A third has starting airing in the past fortnight, which is a longer version of the second featured promo TBH.