Hot Seat

Yes, this is the best move. Then only 3 nights of reality/ entertainment. It’s a perfect blend.

2 Likes

That’s Neighbours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I KNEW you’d say that. :joy:

Why do they need to?

H&A adds a significant portion to their total viewers when regional is added in and their live-streaming BVOD numbers are very impressive - most nights double the nearest competition excl live sport.

And that’s without even looking at catchup. I think you’re not looking at the full perspective here, overnights only tell part of the story and the show is important in their weeknight lineup.

H&A is an institution, good counter programming at 7pm against News & Current Affairs and is not at a stage where it needs to be shafted to another slot or multichannel.

6 Likes

Agree with everything you’ve said. Overnight numbers are a thing of the past. Often H&A is the most watched show on BVOD and is also popular regionally as you’ve mentioned. It’s a staple of Australian television and indeed does provide an alternative at 7pm when all the other FTAs are airing a news program.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a long time. (As you all know :rofl:) And by making Home and Away 2 nights a week at 7.30, for an hour, it solves the issue of stripping across the week, and needing to rely on HP and BS as fillers which don’t rate any higher than H&A.
Plus the 7pm program could air Saturdays as well, against ACA.

Hot Seat’s numbers have been on a decline for some time now. But just remember that it airs at 3pm in Perth and at 4pm in Adelaide. Making the program rate even lower. Nine has confirmed that Tipping Point Australia will be back at 5pm nationally? It will be interesting to see its ratings in the new year.

2 Likes

Since when was Hot seat at 3pm in Perth?? Thought Adelaide and Perth were both at 4pm

Since the start of 2021.

But that is taken into consideration when just looking at Hot Seat’s numbers - the lowest Thursday this year - 30k lower than the same day last year. 110k lower than the year before.

2 Likes

Good question, will NWS and STW alter their early news bulletins for it, if so it tells for sure that the change a few years back was due to poor Hot Seat numbers, rather than necessarily building their news brand in those cities.

3 Likes

My understanding is that the 5pm News will remain in Adelaide and Perth. There has no discussion with staff that it is moving

3 Likes

Well this would mean a double dose of Tipping Point (UK version, then Australian version in Adelaide, and presumably the other way around for Perth) for those viewers.

1 Like

Sounds messy to me.

It should be airing 5pm nation wide.

4 Likes

I remember when Seven aired an unsuccessful reboot of The Price is Right in 2012, it got moved forward to 3:00pm or 3:30pm (can’t remember exactly which timeslot) in Melbourne because it wasn’t rating well.

That year, Nine News won all 40 ratings weeks in that market, to also win its first ratings year there since 2006.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t air the Aussie version before the UK version would they? Do they do this already in Perth (MHS then TPUK)?

2 Likes

Agree, they can’t really air both UK and AU versions of Tipping Point back to back?

Perhaps the 3pm UK version will get the chop and be replaced by something else.

2 Likes

Maybe Nine will move Tipping Point UK to 2, and Pointless to 3.00, to break them up a bit

3 Likes

Would have to be that wouldn’t it.

2 Likes

When Seven launched The Chase Australia, they continued to show the UK version, and still do to this day. So I can’t see any reason why Nine would drop the UK version of Tipping Point, as it still rates quite well in its timeslot.

1 Like

Nine might not want to be seen to be copying Seven’s schedule in that respect?

I know Seven have copied Nine a fair bit over the years, I’ll be surprised if Nine does that though.