Hot Seat

Yeah, along with the hashtag.

It wasn’t until around 2001 or 2002 that Nine actually started using a watermark on all regular programming IIRC.

2 Likes

I noticed tonight that the 2waytraffic end tag credit has been replaced by a Sony Pictures Television credit at the end of this show. Must be a recent change as I remember seeing the 2waytraffic logo last week.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Watching Hot Seat on Nine Melbourne at the moment, there seems to be a sound error. The BGM and sound effects are playing but the voices seem to be muted.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it was just our TV.

2 Likes

A contestant was “beeped” for saying (singing actually) the word “pissed” during Hot Seat today.

Haven’t seen that happen on this show before.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Nine’s new afternoon game show- Tipping Point?

Saw a promo during the cricket on 9Gem tonight, about “Big Winners Week” in which each day a contestant would win a large sum of money. I think it’s either this week or next week?

This week I think.

Every night so far this week someone has won either $50k or $100k, but nothing bigger than that so far.

After this week’s Big Winners, next week is “Big Characters Week”

You have to wonder about the quality of some contestants on Hot Seat sometimes.

This week, a South Australian contestant got a question on which state currently has standard issue car rego plates that were yellow and black in colour.

She (correctly) guessed NSW.

Then the conversation goes

Eddie: Have you ever been to NSW?

Contestant: I think so?

Eddie: Where?

Contestant: Wollongong? I went and saw a cousin there. Is that in NSW?

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They’re doing the best they can given where the show is filmed :wink:

3 Likes

Hot Seat has been bumped from the 5pm timeslot in Adelaide from tomorrow (February 17).

3 Likes

that’s an interesting move with moving Hot Seat to 4pm in Adelaide only.

It may be temporary, but I don’t get what having the “local News” at 5pm, followed by the normal 6pm news, which is also local, would do any favours? (note: its Adelaide only).

3 Likes

They would be testing the waters before going with two hours of news nationwide. I’d say this is them reacting to Ten going 90 minutes with their news.

5 Likes

Plus when Hot Seat only rated 28,000 on Thursday, compared to 42,000 for The Chase, they must think news will rate better in the time slot

1 Like

It’s interesting Nine waited this long before moving Hot Seat in Adelaide, seeing The Chase has dominated the timeslot in the city since it began nearly five years ago.

3 Likes

Interesting move for Adelaide viewers. Wonder if Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney follow suit. Would be wise to have Hot Seat at 4pm then afternoon news at 5pm.

1 Like

I’m sure Seven are closely watching this programming move as well, because it’s highly likely they’ll also move to the idea of a two hour block of local news on weeknights if Nine enjoys any success with the idea.

1 Like

If other cities follow, I can see the prizes being reduced.

Top prize of $1 mil would stay, as would the $1,000 minimum prize, but in between I can see $250k dropping to $100k, $100k becomes $50k , $50k becomes $20k, $20k becomes $10k and $5k becomes the lowest prize on offer at the final question.

1 Like

Make of this what you will, ladies and gentlemen.

4 Likes